Maximum Amount of Cameras with Alarm.com

I’m trying to determine if there is a maximum amount of cameras that alarm.com actually supports. For my design, I am looking at a total of 16 cameras that is a mixture of outdoor and indoor. I’m also looking at getting a few SVRs. I know that the SVR is limited to 4 cameras. My plan is to have 30 fps recording at the highest resolution which according to some research out there will give me about 15 days of continuous recording. I’m good with that requirement. I’m also aware that I need to add in a video plan and also the individual monthly charges with the SVR. This is solely for planning purposes at this point.

This leads me to wonder if alarm.com has a limit of how many cameras? And if there is no limit and it’s only limited by bandwidth, what would be the bandwidth requirements for 16 cameras? Right now I’m looking at a 60 Mbps which should be plenty. From what I understand each camera connects to alarm.com’s VPN. But what if I have the SVR? Does everything just end up going through the SVR? And in that case, is only video sent when I view data from alarm.com.

The limit currently is 10 levels (a total of 40 cameras) and 10 SVRs.

what would be the bandwidth requirements for 16 cameras? Right now I’m looking at a 60 Mbps which should be plenty.

The Upload bandwidth is what you would need to check. Download speed is largely irrelevant in this case. For 16 cameras a 4mbps + upload speed would be best. Alarm.com typically recommends .25 Mbps of upload speed per video device, but a little higher is better.

Upload speed bandwidth would only be used when actively watching stream, or when recordings are being transmitted.

Local wifi bandwidth would be separate.

From what I understand each camera connects to alarm.com’s VPN. But what if I have the SVR? Does everything just end up going through the SVR? And in that case, is only video sent when I view data from alarm.com.

SVRs do not replace the functions of Alarm.com Cloud Video, they are parallel and in addition to.

Cameras would still connect to ADC through VPN for live view, cloud recording schedules.

When adding an SVR, cameras locally send video to the SVR. The SVR is then accessed through Alarm.com. SVR timelines are synced with Cloud Recordings to pinpoint events on the timeline.

Currently I have a Buffalo WCRGN that supports up to four cameras which costs $15/month. Does anyone know what is required to move to the next level with number of cameras and monthly cost

Currently I have a Buffalo WCRGN that supports up to four cameras which costs $15/month. Does anyone know what is required to move to the next level with number of cameras and monthly cost

Doesn’t appear that this is related to a suretyDIY subscription, is that correct?

Note that this is a technical support forum for suretyDIY. We are always happy to answer questions regarding Alarm.com compatible equipment and services, but we cannot assist with account, policy, or pricing questions regarding other providers or services. Please contact your service provider or vendor for more information.