Moving From Titan to Suretydiy

Good Morning! I have canceled my contract with Titan (Alarm.com). I am researching different companies and like what I read about Suretydiy.

I have a 4year old 2Gig panel that I will be using until you get stock on the Qolsys IQ Panel 2 then we will be looking to upgrade. I have read thru the switching over the panel to Suretydiy on this forum and it was very helpful.

Couple of Questions:

1. Is the forum the only way to communicated with you once I am a customer?
  2. Will we notice any difference from on the App that my wife has come to love? ARM/Disarm the alarm, turn lights off/on? We both really enjoy the ease of using the Alarm.com app.
  3. Do you guys offer the Qolsys Hardwaire 16? I don’t see it in your store.
  4. Do I need to upgrade the panels firmware to remove the Titan logos and to get to the latest version of the software?
  5. How long does it take for Alarm.com to release the radio so I can set it up with Suretydiy for monitoring?

Thanks
Chris

Welcome, and happy to help!

Is the forum the only way to communicated with you once I am a customer?

This is our technical support forum, all technical support occurs here. For other correspondence and questions, you can reach our customer service reps at customerservice@suretyDIY.com, and if you need to send sensitive info, please use our encrypted secure message tool found here.

Will we notice any difference from on the App that my wife has come to love? ARM/Disarm the alarm, turn lights off/on? We both really enjoy the ease of using the Alarm.com app

In general, no, the Alarm.com app would remain the same other than branding and you would have access to all the features included with the service plan you choose through suretyDIY. You can compare the plans here.

Do you guys offer the Qolsys Hardwaire 16? I don’t see it in your store.

The Hardwire 16 can be found here.

Do I need to upgrade the panels firmware to remove the Titan logos and to get to the latest version of the software?

Firmware would only need to be upgraded if you swap to a newer module like the LTE or plan to add additional products which require an upgrade. If you only plan to retain the 2GIG Panel for a short time, it would likely be unnecessary if you already have a 3G module. A firmware upgrade does not affect the on screen logo. That would simply be changed during the initial connection commands on a 2GIG panel.

How long does it take for Alarm.com to release the radio so I can set it up with Suretydiy for monitoring?

This is not up to Alarm.com, it would be determined by the policy of your dealer. Once an actual Alarm.com account has been terminated, the module is immediately unregistered. You can check the status of your module here. This video can help find the correct number on a 2GIG panel.

Most providers use modules which can be re-used by other service providers. It is possible to have modules which are locked to a specific dealer service that cannot be used elsewhere, but I only know of one dealer which does this (not the one you mention, I have no knowledge of the one you mention).

As soon as the module is unregistered, we would be able to process an order for service.