Mute Arm/Disarm Announcements on GC2 secondary panel?

My primary GC3 panel is by our front door and the secondary GC2 panel is in our master bedroom. On the GC2 is it possible to mute only the arm/disarm announcements and countdown beeps so as not to wake my wife when I arm or disarm the system from the main GC3 panel?

Just for clarity, the GC2 is not a secondary panel, are you referring to the SP2, or is it an SP1?

The SP2 does not announce arming, but the SP1 does.

If you are using an SP1, you can turn off those announcements by navigating to Settings > Sounds > then turn the System Annunciation slider all the way down.

Thanks, Jason. Sorry for the confusion. You’re right, my secondary panel is an SP1-GC3. I turned the System Annunciation slider all the way down as you suggested which lowers the volume considerably but is there any way to mute it completely for a light sleeper?

Thanks, Jason. Sorry for the confusion. You’re right, my secondary panel is an SP1-GC3. I turned the System Annunciation slider all the way down as you suggested which lowers the volume considerably but is there any way to mute it completely for a light sleeper?

The System Annunciation slider on the GC3 itself (the primary panel) will lower the volume but will still announce at a soft volume.

On the SP1 secondary panel, going to the same setting and turning the slider all the way down will turn it off completely.

Does this feature require a certain firmware version on either the primary GC3 or the SP1? My GC3-SP1 will not mute the system arming/disarming announcements completely as you describe above. I have the SP1 system announcements volume slider all the way to the left (looking closely I also see a line though the speaker icon for that setting) yet it still announces, albeit not loud, but in my master bedroom still not a good thing. I have also tried muting all system sounds on the SP1 by pressing the main speaker icon (upper left) and still get the softer spoken announcements.

I have the SP1 system announcements volume slider all the way to the left (looking closely I also see a line though the speaker icon for that setting) yet it still announces, albeit not loud, but in my master bedroom still not a good thing.

I just tested on 3.2 and unplugged the speaker of the GC3. It’s almost imperceptible in our office, but there is indeed a very soft announcement still with the slider all the way set to off. I don’t think that is intentional.

We will report this to 2GIG and hopefully a software fix can be applied in an upcoming update.