My Alarm Did not Activate

Today I had a friend in my out-of-state house to test my system. I was at my PC and on the phone with him. The system was Armed Away and he walked through the house and opened and closed front and back doors for perhaps 5 minutes. The system was beeping (sounded like Exit/Entry beeps) and I got an “unexpected activity” Notification but there was no audible alarm nor was there an alarm reported. The camera took his picture. This was around 12 noon.
Can you tell me why this happened??

The system was Armed Away and he walked through the house and opened and closed front and back doors for perhaps 5 minutes.

Had the system been armed away for long, or was it just armed?

What was reported on the panel screen during this time?

If no local alarms were generated, none would have been forwarded to ADC. How long is the entry delay on your sensors?

He went to the back room and waited while I Armed it. Then he walked around for a long time and opened front and back doors. The delay is 45 sec.
If the image sensor takes a picture, wouldn’t that say it should be in alarm? I do not know what was on the panel screen.

If the image sensor takes a picture, wouldn’t that say it should be in alarm? I do not know what was on the panel screen.

The image sensor image sensor capture I see listed in history is a Post-Disarm photo. This was captured after disarming and before arming again.

Based on the description, it sounds like exit delay countdown may have been extended due to Exit Extension programming option by opening the sensor again during the countdown.

Based on the Alarm.com history it looks like one door was opened during the countdown, which would not trigger an alarm, then after the countdown the other door was opened, kicking on the entry countdown, but the the system is disarmed within that timeframe.

Later it looks like one door was opened multiple times within one exit delay countdown.

So it looks like the only event that would have triggered an alarm, based on the history, was disarmed just before it would have.

Thanks for your help. You explanation sounds probable. Next week I’ll have him walk in the house when he first gets there.