New HVAC, TSTAT 300 replacement for outside sensor

I’ve got a Simon XTi controlling 2 IS-ZW-TSTAT-300 thermostats. From what I can read in the install manual, I don’t have an option to control a outside ambient temp sensor with this thermostat. The idea being that I’m having my HVAC replaced this week and would like to engage my auxiliary natural gas based on an outside temperature and not just the heat strips failing to keep up with the desired temperature. I’ve had this option in previous homes and it works well.

Could anyone recommend a replacement thermostat that will still work with my XTi (Z-Wave), Alarm.com and have the control option built in to the thermostat?

Thanks in advance for the help.

This would not be a Z-wave or Alarm.com integrated addition and I don’t know of an outdoor Z-wave temp sensor like what you are looking for.

The ADC-T2000 is compatible with the Alarm.com Temperature sensor, and this is the only temp sensor which can be used, but this is an indoor temp sensor and is used to average current temps to ensure a better comfort level throughout the house. Alarm.com does not have separate rules to override the heat stage itself.

You might request if the HVAC installer has recommendations for a local override option.

Thank you for the reply. I do understand the the integration addition would not be in a z-wave sensor nor the alarm.com sensor. What I’d love to have is a list of Z-wave/ XTi compatible thermostats. I can then research each one and see if there’s one that supports an external hvac temperature sensor. My HVAC guy has recommendations but they use a separate Wifi connection to control them remotely. I’m looking for one that will have this function and is compatible with my XTi.

I hope that made it more clear.

Thanks again!

Ah, of course, XTi compatible thermostats would be determined by the Alarm.com module installed in the panel as Z-wave is included on the module. In general, compatible devices can be found on the Alarm.com hardware page here.

Perfect. Thanks!