New Service

Hi There, I have service at one location right now with the 2gig GC3.

I am inquiring if I can setup monitoring service thru you guys for a different location that has basic monitoring with ADT using a PremisePro keypad?

Just to clarify, suretyDIY is an Alarm.com services provider, and an Alarm.com cellular module would be required for any compatible panel.

The Keypad would not tell us compatibility, the model number on the control board in the metal can would be needed. The keypad you refer to is a DSC keypad. Can you provide the model number of the panel, or a photo of the panel board and case sticker? It is likely a DSC powerseries, but there are quite a few, and steps would be different depending on the model.

Here a pic of the outside of the control panel…

Thank you, that works. A PC1864 is a Powerseries panel that is compatible with suretyDIY when adding an Alarm.com DSC SEM (system enhancement module). The SEM is compatible with PowerSeries PC1616, PC1832, and PC1864 firmware version 4.2 or newer.

We do not stock the DSC SEM yet, though it may be available from other retailers.

More commonly though, a 2GIG, GC3, or Qolsys panel would be used with a wired sensor takeover module, or if the sensors are wireless, a wireless translator.

This video shows how to install a TAKE-345, which would be used for hardwired zones with the GC3 for example.

A similar question related to setting up a 2GIG Panel using a similar existing system can be found here.

Just to clarify:

If I purchased this module, then I can get monitoring service thru you guys (via alarm.com) with the existing panel.

Is it possible to setup/program this system without a proprietary tool? I see that this module has

Just to confirm that I have the right component:

Also this item seems to be on the Verizon network… would there be any that would work on ATT?

That’s not a compatible SEM. The SEM for Honeywell Vista panels is different than the one for DSC.

The Alarm.com SKU for the DSC model is ADC-SEM110-PS-VZ which may help narrow down the search.

Also this item seems to be on the Verizon network….. would there be any that would work on ATT?

There are only Verizon SEMs I believe at the current time.

Is it possible to setup/program this system without a proprietary tool?

I have not attempted to program that model from that company as it was never Alarm.com compatible previously. It shouldn’t need any proprietary tools (just installer code) but I could not confirm whether the provider uses the factory PC1864 board and firmware or if there are any custom changes. I would guess that it is the standard 1864 panel, as it carries the model number.

Sorry I posted the wrong link earlier. Here’s the correct one I believe:
ADC-SEM110-PS-VZ

I read in the FAQs that I must order the products from you guys in order for you guys to help/assist with the setup/programming of this module. If you do not sell it, will you still assist with the setup/programming?

Also… here is a pic of the actual board confirming it is he DSC PC1864

Sorry I posted the wrong link earlier. Here’s the correct one I believe:

Yes, that would be the one you’d need for powerseries panels.

I read in the FAQs that I must order the products from you guys in order for you guys to help/assist with the setup/programming of this module. If you do not sell it, will you still assist with the setup/programming?

The FAQ is referring to full system purchases made through suretyDIY, to sensor programming and testing. We cannot perform local installation steps, but we are of course happy to provide tech support and instructions!

An Alarm.com account would be created by our team with the information supplied during the purchase. You would simply need to install the device and perform the emailed steps to connect to ADC.

In the case of a SEM, the current system installer code is required to get setup. Do you have the installer code for that panel?

Would that be different than the code that arms/disarms and the keypad?

If so I do not…

Is it possible that it is a standard code? …can I check that?

Would that be different than the code that arms/disarms and the keypad?

Yes

Is it possible that it is a standard code? ….can I check that?

You would need to contact your current provider to get the code if it is unique, or you may be able to search online for common codes used by that provider.

Unfortunately for the SEM this is a required step.