No arm/disarm sound from newly installed SP2

I just installed an SP2 in my garage and paired it with my GC3. I can tell that the speaker on the SP2 works, because I get sound from the SP2 when I go into the volume adjustment settings and move the sliders. However, I’m not getting any audible alerts from the SP2 when the system arms, disarms, or (most importantly) when I come in and get the countdown to disarm the system. The audible alerts are only coming from the master panel. In my house, if I enter through the side door to the garage, I have the SP2 near that door specifically so I can hear those alerts and have a panel at hand to disarm the system. The master panel is within the main part of the house, behind another locked door, and out of hearing range.

The volume on the SP2 is all the way up for both “chime” and “keypad”. The speaker icon in the upper right corner of the SP2 screen indicates that it is not muted. Is there a setting I need to adjust somewhere else to get sound out of the SP2 for arm/disarm events?

Also, is there some way to lock the SP2 so you can’t change its settings without the installer code? When the system is disarmed, it will let you into the settings for the SP2 without prompting for a PIN at all.

Also, is there some way to lock the SP2 so you can’t change its settings without the installer code? When the system is disarmed, it will let you into the settings for the SP2 without prompting for a PIN at all.

No settings cannot be locked that I am aware, though you cannot affect anything but local SP2 settings.

Is there a setting I need to adjust somewhere else to get sound out of the SP2 for arm/disarm events?

The SP2 does not vocalize Arm/Disarm announcements.

It does however beep for entry and exit delay. Are you saying you are not hearing an entry delay beep from the SP2?

There are no separate sound settings, what are the build versions and firmware version listed under Device Info?