Not receiving alarm.com confirmation email

I am trying to install my skybell HD Alarm.com doorbell and it keeps asking me to verify my account in the alarm.com app by clicking on a verification email sent to my email address. I have never received a verification email. It is not in any folder. When I click on the resend confirmation email button in the alarm.com app, I never receive one. The email address listed in the app is my correct email address. I am unable to finish my install because of this.

I see a number of sent emails for verification. In this case, I would recommend double checking Spam first, as well as the additional folders you may use. There are no failures in sending the emails in history.

Do you forward mail to a separate account?

I checked spam. I just am not receiving any alarm.com emails.

From above, do you forward mail between email accounts? For example, an issue can occur in gmail forwarding where emails that their algorithms suspect as possible spam are not sent to any folder or spam, but instead placed in a queue awaiting moderation.

It may be a good test to try an alternate email address, especially if you are not receiving other notification emails either.

You might also need to add alarm.com@suretycam.com to your valid contacts.

I’ll be taking note of that e-mail address as well. Thanks!