Police Panic Failed

So my son accidentally hit the police panic on the alarm panel (how he possibly did this I have no idea). He then disarmed the alarm and called me. While this was happening I got a text message and an email"…The Panel reported a PENDING Police Panic Alarm at 8:15am on Friday, Jan 19." He had to get to school for a first period test so he re-armed the panel and left. I contacted the Central Monitoring call center and the agent looked at my account. He told me he saw nothing Pending and the Monitoring Center was never notified of a Police Panic.

What happened here? It was a false alarm, but why was the Monitoring Center NOT notified (I got the usual text message and email)? The kids or my mother accidentally fail to disarm the alarm and I always get a call. My son sets of a Panic and nothing??? The Monitoring Center should at least have a record of the event right??? Where and how do I contact customer service so I can talk to a person to fix this.

My son sets of a Panic and nothing??? The Monitoring Center should at least have a record of the event right???? Where and how do I contact customer service so I can talk to a person to fix this.

You’ve come to the right place! This is our technical support forum, happy to help.

The IQ Panel by default has a Dialer Delay for all burglary alarm signals.

A dialer delay is a delay period between when an alarm is tripped and when the signal is forwarded to the central station. This is a way panels combat false alarm response by limiting unnecessary dispatch on accidental alarms.

Whenever you see the word “Pending” that means a signal was sent to ADC with dialer delay. ADC then forwards the signal when the dialer delay period ends. A second confirmed Alarm signal is actually sent to ADC from your panel, which gets sent to the central station.

In your case the panel was disarmed within about 10 seconds, within the dialer delay, so no signal was forwarded. This is normal and expected. The central station would not see this event, but you would see the “Pending” event in Alarm.com activity.

The default time length for dialer delay is 30 seconds on the IQ Panel

Also, you can adjust dialer delay in your IQ Panel programming to between 15-45 seconds under Settings - Installation - Siren and Alarms.

If you go to Security - Installation - Security Account, you can disable SIA Limits, which will let you instead set dialer delay all the way to 0 if you wish.