Qolsys IQ Panel 2 with Security Cameras?

Hi,

I have been researching alarm systems and it seems like the qolsys is one of the best. My question has to do with security camera’s. Is there a system where I can add outdoor security camera’s to this alarm system?

Thanks!
Cooper

Note that suretyDIY is an Alarm.com services dealer. Alarm.com Video Surveillance Cameras do not connect to the alarm panels, including the Qolsys IQ Panel 2, in any way. They connect to your Alarm.com account directly and communicate via your internet connection. They connect via wifi or wired connection to your router, depending on the model.

You can find a list of compatible cameras here.

Alarm.com Cloud Video is a service add-on for Alarm.com Interactive accounts through suretyDIY. It is applied in levels, and each level adds support for 4 cameras and increases the clip totals and storage.

See this page for details on service features and add-ons.

While they do not directly connect to the alarm panel, you can use Alarm.com to trigger recordings based on sensor activity and alarms in addition to built in Video motion detection.

Thank you for that reply and those links Warren.

I will call the alarm.com folks

Cooper

Note that Alarm.com service is purchased through dealers, like suretyDIY.

Our service plans are found here.

Cloud Video can be selected as an add-on when making the subscription purchase, or it can be added later. You can find the IQ Panel 2 here.

Sorry I’m so slow grasping this.

I buy the QLOSYS Panel 2 From Geoarm aprox 1100.00 (I seem to be seeing some issues with adding secondary panels, is that so?) I’d like one at front door, one in my bedroom, one in the wife’s bedroom.

I buy the basic monitoring service from you guys for 14.95 a month

If I want to add camera’s it’s an additional 5.00 for 4 camera’s and 198.00 ea for the best outdoor camera.

I think I got that all right…

If I want to be able to view the camera’s via cloud it’s all set.

What if I also want to view the camera’s on a monitor in my office or bedroom? What will I need for that?

Thanks much
Cooper

I seem to be seeing some issues with adding secondary panels, is that so?

I’m not aware of any general issues with IQ Remotes on the current firmware.

What if I also want to view the camera’s on a monitor in my office or bedroom? What will I need for that?

Alarm.com cameras are not really intended for a 24/7 display, though live video can of course be streamed at any time. For security you need to be logged into Alarm.com to view the feed, so you would need to use a device which can access Alarm.com (website or app). This stream will naturally time-out after a few minutes of inactivity, though you can set port forwarding rules in your router to remove the VPN time-out and play a constant stream.

Many Alarm.com features are best experienced through the Smartphone app. Note that one option to view video on a large TV is the Fire-TV stick.

Thank you Warren.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Cooper