Qolsys IQ Remote release date and fobs?

Surety Team:

Can you find out when Qolsys will be releasing their IQ Remote panel?

Also, where can I buy keychain fobs for the Qolsys IQ 2? I couldn’t find them in your store.

Thank you,

Can you find out when Qolsys will be releasing their IQ Remote panel?

We do not have a release date on this but we can follow up with Qolsys to see if they can shed any light.

Also, where can I buy keychain fobs for the Qolsys IQ 2?

Are you looking for a particular model?

If you are looking for the S-line keyfob, QS1331-840, that is not in our store yet, however I believe some additions are expected in the coming weeks.

Also, if there is a limit to how many IQ Remote panels can be added. My house is large enough where I would need three of them.

Yes, the S-LINE fobs, I want to keep everything encrypted.

As the secondary panel is unreleased, it is unknown at this time how many secondary panels can be paired to the IQ Panel 2. If the previous main panel is any indication, that limit would be 3, but again as the new secondary panel is not available yet, that information is still forthcoming. I have reached out to qolsys to find a more definitive answer. Will post back here with results.

I tweeted QolSys and they told me to call up Qolsys sales and asked about the beta program. They stated that if my distributor is part of the beta program, then I can take part in it. Is Surety part of that?

I presume that any purchased beta IQ Remote 2 panels can be “flashed” up to current GA release once they’ve stamped approval for general release manufacturing? If not, then I have no interest :-).

As for release dates, definitely post Q4 - early 2018, hopefully.

Is Surety part of that?

I do not believe we are at this time.

I presume that any purchased beta IQ Remote 2 panels can be “flashed” up to current GA release once they’ve stamped approval for general release manufacturing?

I would have to look into this. Without having the panel in hand it would be hard to say one way or the other and I don’t want to make assumptions.

Ill reach out to our team and verify whether we are taking part in any beta regarding the secondary panel.

This is not how panel testing usually occurs. We are not a distributor, we are a retailer of the product. suretyDIY often tests products for manufacturers, and these are usually not open beta tests for end users. Test units are typically only available to dealers, which is why they asked about the distributor.

Most of the time beta products cannot be updated to proper production firmware, and often the manufacturer may request units be shipped back. They are not intended for production usage and you should never purchase beta or evaluation versions of the products used online if found, as they are always going to have missing compatibilities/features.

Jason,

Qolsys is now saying that the IQ Remote is in “Limited Release.” Is Surety going to get one to test?

https://qolsys.com/iq-remote/

Yes, firmware 2.0.4 will support the new IQ Remote for the IQ Panel 2. We’ll be testing one shortly. I could not say at this time yet when it will be available for purchase, but should not be too long after.

Excellent, is there a way for us to find out when Surety will have it available? Want to make sure I snag one quickly before first run release is sold out.

Yes! Should you wish to be notified when the IQ Panel 2 secondary panel (IQ Remote) is available, please contact customerservice@suretyDIY.com. Our customer service team would be more than happy to help!

I see it’s appearing on some other sites (see below).

When can I buy this from SuretyDIY?

Happy New Year Surety team! Tyler, I did submit my email as per your instructions a few months ago as well. Just wanted to get an update as to whether you folks had one in yet for testing and when your customers can purchase it.

Thank you,

Happy Holidays! The IQ Remote is not in the store yet, but I have followed up with the team to see if it will be added in the next round of products. I will follow up here.

Note that the Remote would not be exclusive with regard to dealer compatibility and may be purchased from any vendor for use with your current alarm system.

That’s what I thought as well Jason, but I always try to give my money to surety first because of the support.

We appreciate that! We strive for the best service and support possible. However, we do encourage always taking advantage of any equipment. With ebay and Amazon out there, automation devices especially are more accessible than ever.

Thanks Jason, if this isn’t in stock from the Surety store by now, I will be ordering it from another vendor.

Currently, the Qolsys IQ Remote secondary panel for the IQ Panel 2 is not available through the suretyDIY storefront. As always, you are more than welcome to use compatible equipment purchased from other vendors.