Qolsys Warranty

Do you provide a warranty for Qolsys equipment purchased directly from suretyDIY ?

I bought a Qolsys Secondary Tablet for the IQ Panel (QW9101-840)
from you last year (Order #27176 placed on July 30, 2015).

This panel now only shows a blank screen, I have tried power down and
and pushing the reset button but no joy.

With the panel on, tapping the screen results in a “Enter User Code” voice
prompt so I guess the only problem is the screen.

Where do I go from here ?

Dave

We do honor manufacturer warranty on all products, but the Qolsys IQ2 has a 1 year warranty.

Can you unplug the IQ2, power down completely, and leave it powered off for about an hour, then try powering back up?

We’ll send this over to Qolsys as well to see if they have any knowledge of this as an issue.

Hmm, it is difficult to power down completely as I believe that
it asks you what type of power down you want to do and I cannot
see what is on the screen to answer.

Should I contact Qolsys directly ?

Thanks
Dave

Should I contact Qolsys directly ?

You are of course free to, we’ve sent a request and are waiting for feedback and suggestions.

It sounds like touch controls function, yes? You just can’t tell where to touch the screen after holding the power button?

Hold the power button for a couple seconds, then measure in the middle of the screen 1 and 1/4 inches down from the top of the screen itself. Press there. Any luck?

Should I contact Qolsys directly

If the above does not work, go ahead and contact Qolsys, you can reference the ticket #5873. They’ve indicated a repair may be possible.

Jason,

>>Press there. Any luck? I may have got the right spot but
after powering up, still a blank screen.

I will try contacting Qolsys.

Thanks
Dave

Jason,

I finally got Qolsys on the phone and they said that you(suretyDIY) need to contact them for an RMA.

He said they would fix/replace the unit at no charge to me.

Can you please proceed with getting a RMA ?

Regards,
Dave

From above, please reference ticket #5873. That is a Qolsys support ticket that will act as your RMA number.

Jason,

How do I proceed ?

What are the instructions for returning the IQ2 ?

Where do I return it to ?

Am I missing something on a web site ?

Regards,
Dave

As this is not a warranty situation, but a special scenario, Qolsys would be providing the correct info for you for the RMA/appropriate shipping address/etc.

Have you reached back out to them and provided the ticket number 5873 as the RMA number? Please let them know that is the Qolsys Tech support ticket authorizing the return.

To be safe I’ve also requested this info be emailed and will update when I hear back.

OK, I made email contact with Colin at Qolsys and
dropped off my IQ2 unit this afternoon at their office.
(Their office is only 5 miles from my home.)

Colin says that I should be able to pick up the fixed or
replacement unit on Tuesday.

Thank you for your help.

Dave