Recessed Door Sensor

For appearances, I’m looking for recessed door sensors such as the NX-458 - GE Intelogix Wireless Recessed Micro Door/Window Alarm Contact for use with the Qolsys IQ. I was not able to find this or an equivalent in your store. Will the GE product work with the Qolsys IQ? Are these available from you? Do you recommend an alternative?

This is the officially compatible sensors guide from Qolsys. While other 319.5MHz will most likely work, these have been tested by Qolsys.

suretyDIY does not stock and sell all devices which may be compatible with Alarm.com systems.

Looking for advice on installing recessed door/window alarms on french doors. I went ahead and purchased a Qolsys panel from suretyDIY, and several of the NX-458 – GE Interlogix Wireless Recessed Micro Door/Window Alarm Contacts. On a french door, is it sufficient to install one sensor on the primary door, or do I need a sensor on each door?

Deadbolt on the primary door inserts into the secondary door. I’m figuring that anyone kicking in the door would jar loose both doors and trigger the sensor, but wondering what standard practice is…? Thanks.

Typically I would recommend placing a sensor on both doors, or using a sensor which captures both doors with one (this depends on the door)

Unless the second door is literally immobile there will always be a chance that the door is left unlocked during a time when the system is otherwise armed and coverage is expected.