Release Date on new ADC Cameras

I’m looking to upgrade my V721W Cameras to something that is 1080p vs the old 780p.

Looking around, seems like the V722W is the equivalent replacement - however VC726 catches my eye as something that I’d probably pursue.

Anyways, searching around I found a 3rd party retailer tease cameras like ADC-VC736 (Outdoor Bullet) and ADC-VC836 (Turret).

Obviously, cannot find any Alarm.com article mentioning these camera models. I don’t want to find an instance where I buy a VC726 for example and it’s replaced within a month with something better.

New camera models are released fairly consistently. Recently there has been a bit of a push toward commercial property solutions. The VC726, 736, 826, and 836 are all recent models that go along with that.

The difference between the 26 and 36 line is largely size and style.

The 826 is a dome, whereas the 836 is a turret style.

The 726 is a mini-bullet. The 736 is a large box bullet camera.

Specifications between the 26 and 36 models are otherwise identical.

Note that all four of those models are wired cameras (optionally POE). They are not wireless like the V721W.

The models all appear to be available through distribution, but they are new and many retailers may not carry them yet. The 26 models appear to be fairly widely available.

Thanks for the clarification Warren.

There is no optional Wireless on the 826/36 models? I saw the option to supply AC to it, but now assuming that’s just in case your Ethernet isn’t POE.

Sounds like 722W is the only solution going forward for wireless unless I can chase some Ethernet cables around. Thanks!

There is no optional Wireless on the 826/36 models? I saw the option to supply AC to it, but now assuming that’s just in case your Ethernet isn’t POE.

No, those are fixed wired models.

The ADC-V722W would be the best choice for a wifi outdoor camera