Remote temperature sensor

Hello! Every time I try to check the box for my RTS so i can have an average temperature between the RTS and the main thermostat…as soon as i go back to check something else…the RTS is not in use anymore…

Any ideas?
Cheers

Also…when in heating mode…all is good, but in cooling mode…everything is working fine for some days and suddenly, it starts to blow hot air…?!
Thanks again

It appears this question may be related to a post in this thread.

If you are getting hot air when cooling is called then you would have a problem with wiring or thermostat setup. A technician replied to this earlier post with a recommendation. We you able to replace the shunt jumper?

It doesn’t appear this is related to a suretyDIY subscription, is that correct?

If not, in this case you may need to contact your provider to verify or alter ADC-T2000 settings. suretyDIY users are able to access these settings, but the Advanced setup options for the tstat are not available to all ADC users by default. You’ll need to make sure the thermostat is setup to match the HVAC type you have. From your prior photo it appears you are using a heat pump with a changeover O/B wire. Be sure this is correct and that the changeover wire is firmly attached.

Regarding the RTS, what is the panel model and firmware you are currently using? What is the firmware of the ADC T2000? There are minimum firmware requirements for successful linking of the RTS.

Thanks so much Jason…No.im not a suretydiy costumer…just saw the forum and tried it.

I did not find a shunt jumper but will try to find one in an electronic store…

Also…my wires coming to the thermostat seems to be indeed quite big compare to my friends…i guess this is why i ended up breaking the plastic on the plate…any advices for that…if i want smaller wires…does it means i need to change the whole cable up to the HVAC??
Im.almost sure my issue is a bad connection at the thermostat because my wires have broken the end part on plastic insuring a tight and good connection…
Any way i could order only the backend plate of the thermostat and not thevwhole unit?

Thanks so much
Alex

No.im not a suretydiy costumer…just saw the forum and tried it.

Not a problem, we’re always happy to help! It would be good to definitely verify the installation setup of the thermostat software. If it is set up for a standard HVAC instead of heat pump or set up to expect incorrect wiring there could be issues such as what you have reported.

if i want smaller wires..does it means i need to change the whole cable up to the HVAC??

You could probably just splice a short length of smaller gauge cable at the end, but I wouldn’t recommend this. The cable looks like the expected gauge actually from the image, but attempting to put two wires into a single terminal is likely to damage the plastic.

Any way i could order only the backend plate of the thermostat and not thevwhole unit?

The back-plate is not sold individually, but some suppliers may have extra back-plates due to damaged thermostats, etc. It doesn’t hurt to ask.