Replace Qolsys IQ 2 minus panel

First a few comments… I would like to say I appreciate the SuretyDIY forum and the responses from the SuretyDIY staff. It is very informative and I read it regularly to learn and understand the capabilities of the systems.

I have had SurtyDIY service for about 6 months now with my QOLSYS IQ 2 Panel (minus version now). SuretyDIY/Alarm.com all works well!

I have read some of the discussions here and at other sites about QOLSYS announcing they are not offering their Power G daughter card to upgrade. This is very disappointing to me because I have 4 locations (although only ~75 - 80 feet straight line) that I cannot get the S-Line sensors to reach. I have watched all the QOLSYS marketing videos on their YouTube page and they have marketed “Future Proof panel” with the open daughter card slot and even mentioned Power G for that slot as far back as July 2017 video. They even promoted misleading “Future Proof” in Marketing videos only a couple of months ago.
Well, I have been holding back expanding my overall system deciding what to do.

Now my questions:
So, if I do something crazy and decide to purchase a QOLSYS IQ 2 Plus (to get Power G capability and cover my extreme location cases),

1. How do I switch my panel through SuretyDIY to the new one and how long will I be without alarm system service?
  2. If I cut my current QOLSYS IQ 2 panel loose at a bargain to someone on an online auction site, how do I go about clear/wiping it? Basically asking how to I prepare it to sell to someone else.

Thanks

I have read some of the discussions here and at other sites about QOLSYS announcing they are not offering their Power G daughter card to upgrade. This is very disappointing to me

I share the disappointment. It is always frustrating when existing products are not supported in the same fashion as new production. It can seem arbitrary in some cases, but there may be hardware/software limitations on existing equipment. I do hope this changes at some point, but there is no indication that it will yet.

How do I switch my panel through SuretyDIY to the new one and how long will I be without alarm system service?

To swap your panel module you would just need to request a module swap through our secure message tool here, and include the IMEI/ADC number of the new module. Since you are swapping both the panel and module (have to with Qolsys) to the same type of panel, you could also try a backup and restore to push the existing sensors and settings to the new panel. This is not always 100% as an OTA restore but can limit reprogramming time. Let us know if you would like to try that in the secure message.

When the panel is swapped on our end, you would be able to then connect the new panel. Total downtime would be dependent on when you are able to perform the setup steps after the swap confirmation, but could be as little as a couple minutes.

If I cut my current QOLSYS IQ 2 panel loose at a bargain to someone on an online auction site, how do I go about clear/wiping it? Basically asking how to I prepare it to sell to someone else.

You can reset the IQ Panel 2 to factory settings and delete sensors and codes by going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Dealer Code (default 2222) > Installation > Dealer Settings > Master Reset.

I believe you would still need to reset the Z-wave network in addition. Installation > Devices > Z-wave Devices > Remove All Devices.

Thanks Jason!
I appreciate the support.

I have a few more questions but I will save those until I am ready for that level of advancement.

Just to follow up, I swapped to a new Qolsys IQ 2 plus panel, and followed your instructions for the switch. The OTA restore worked well and all 9 of my sensors transferred.
The only issue was my IQ Remote didn’t. (Maybe that wasn’t supposed too.) I was stuck for a while since the IQ Remote was hung up saying it was trying to connect to the panel. It would not give me the ‘pair’ button. Finally I did a master reset on the IQ Remote and was able to re-pair it with my new panel. All was back to normal after that.
Thanks again for the timely support and clear directions to get this done.

The only issue was my IQ Remote didn’t. (Maybe that wasn’t supposed too.)

Backup and restore cannot affect Z-wave or wifi devices (like the Remote). Only panel settings, sensors, and users can be transferred.

Glad to hear everything is sorted though!