secondary alarm speaker for 2gig gocontrol?

is there any way to install a secondary speaker on the far end of the house where the sound from the go control panel might not be as loud as desired? is installing a secondary panel the only option?

That depends on the intention, are you looking for a remote siren to activate on alarms, or are you looking to replicate chimes/announcements as well?

Z-wave sirens are an easy add to widen your siren capability, and can even be found at Lowes (Utilitech Z-wave Siren), but they will not replicate any chimes, etc. They are just a self contained siren.

If you want chimes and announcements as well, a TS1 would be needed.

I’m just looking for a remote siren to sound when the alarm is tripped. Don’t need chimes and announcements.

How is a z-wave siren added to my existing system? Does it require a gold monitoring package?

How is a z-wave siren added to my existing system? Does it require a gold monitoring package?

It would just be added at the panel as a Z-wave device, following device instructions for inclusion into a Z-wave network. The Go!Control panel does not require specific programming for the Z-wave siren and you do not need Gold Interactive to use it. All interaction is local and automatic from panel to siren. Typically we stick with Everspring/Utilitech or Fortrezz sirens.

Ok thanks.

what is the difference between z-wave devices and the other sensors operating with these systems, i.e. why do some devices operate at 900 Mhz and others at 345 Mhz?

The 2GIG Panel uses a few different RF protocols.

Z-wave is a mesh network RF, used on the panel for automation devices like locks, lights, thermostats. Range is short but AC powered device can repeat signals, allowing you to extend the network. Z-wave cannot be used for alarm activation/sensors.

345 Mhz is the Honeywell/2GIG RF band. This is used for security sensors. It has a far natural range and devices have solid battery life. This is one way communication from sensors to the panel.

900 Mhz is a two way communication channel between the panel and more complex sensors/peripherals. It requires the XCVR2 and is used for the TS1, Image Sensor, and Go!Bridge.