Sensor Malfunction shown on Alarm.com

The home screen of Alarm.com gives me a "Malfunction Sensor ID:9. This is a motion sensor that has been working fine, and continues to work fine. I did check the battery, it is fine, tamper alarm works etc. I did a “Walk Test” and all is fine. I have other motion sensors enrolled the same as this and they are all fine, with no Malfunction indicated on the Home screen.

Is there a way to retire this? There is no indication on the panel that there is any issue.

System is GC2 with 1.14.02.

As clarification, the device you are seeing with the malfunction is literally named “Sensor (ID:9)” it is not referring to the motion detector Zone 9 on the panel.

This device showing malfunction is a Z-wave device, which appears to possibly be an Aeon Labs Z-wave sensor of some sort.

Z-wave sensors are not compatible at all with the panels and will show malfunctions like this. The Z-wave sensor with node ID 9 should be removed.

I think your explanation is spot on! I recall that in the past I attempted to add an Aeotec MultiSensor, but then opted for a different sensor.

I have tried to remove the sensor from the GC2 however it keeps coming back with no discoverable devices. There are Z-Wave devices on line that are functioning however. I also tried powering up the Aeotec device, and setting it a foot away from the panel to see if it would be discovered, no luck!

I suspect the message on Alarm .com does no harm, but it does catch my, and my wife’s attention each time we log on Alarm.com. Any hints to make the unit discoverable so I can remove it properly?

To clarify, to remove a Z-wave device from your network on a GC2, you must power the device, then go to Services - Z-wave - Wrench - Remove Devices. Then activate the learn button/sequence on the device. The panel will beep and indicate a device is removed.

The Panel will not remove devices this way unless you trigger their inclusion/exclusion process.