Simon XTi and Vera best practices

I just purchased a Vera Plus controller to support more devices than ADC supports directly, and offline mode. I see reference in at least one thread where a user setup the XTi as secondary, but wasn’t sure what the best practice was in this regard. Today, I mainly have light controls and an energy monitor, but would like to possibly add locks in the future. Is it recommended to have the XTi as secondary if most of my automation will be through Vera? Pros/Cons of wither way? Thanks!

This thread has some related information.

The Simon XT/XTi modules with the latest firmware do not appear to function as secondary Z-wave controllers. The only way to successfully build the network in the other case was to add devices in the Simon panel, then set the other controller to act as secondary it appears. We cannot confirm on Vera Plus, but it does look like your module has one of the more recent firmware versions and so may be affected.

Thanks Jason. Read through. Do you know, if I add the Vera as secondary to the XTi and add the devices to XTI, can I still control through Vera?

We couldn’t confirm compatibility with Vera, but in general yes if a secondary controller can receive the node information, it would have control over those devices.