Still can't log onto my Alarm.com account

Hi - I ran a successful cell phone test on my panel, but when I try to log into Alarm.com it tells me that my panel hasn’t communicated with alarm.com. How do I connect my account with my panel?

Thanks

Looking into this account, it appears that no cell test signal has been received by ADC. Try running another cell test at this time.

If you have purchased a new cellular communication module, be sure you have powered down the alarm panel and installed that communication module first.

Jason

The panel told me that my cell test was completed sat. I have powere it down. I have installwould d the communications module. What I’m completely confused about is:

• Who ADC is. Is that Alarm.com?
  • No where in my panel does it ask for my Alarm.com information, so I can’t tell how Alarm.com would even know that a cell test was completed by me.

Please help!

Thanks

Is there any way that I can call you because your response doesn’t seem to indicate that you understand my question. Thanks

Who ADC is. Is that Alarm.com?

Yes, ADC = Alarm.com

No where in my panel does it ask for my Alarm.com information, so I can’t tell how Alarm.com would even know that a cell test was completed by me.

No programming is done at the panel to link to Alarm.com. Your panel is linked to your account by way of the Alarm.com cellular communication module. Its ID is set by your dealer (suretyDIY) and linked to your account.

There are a number of reasons a cell test for a new panel module might’ve failed to reach the back-end, but regardless of that initial test, another Cell Phone Test should be run now.

A Cell Phone Test is just the panel pinging the back-end provider. When it registers in the Alarm.com account history a sequence of initialization commands are sent to the module and panel. Please allow 20 full minutes after a successful cell test before further accessing the panel.

Is there any way that I can call you because your response doesn’t seem to indicate that you understand my question. Thanks

I understand what you have stated. It is not unusual that an additional cell test may be required to start the communication process. Please be sure to run another cell test at this time.

We can confirm whether or not a successful test was received and visible in your Alarm.com history. Until that occurs and the initialization commands are acknowledged by the panel, you will see the alert when logging into Alarm.com that your panel has yet to communicate

Thanks Jason. I don’t think my panel is linked to my Alarm.com account - how do I work with suretyDIY to do that? The alarm system was provided by my developer. I didn’t want to work with the dealer in my area but I don’t think it’s tied to them. Also, I ordered the wron communication module from you, so I bought another on Amazon. How do I link that? Thanks again

Also, I ordered the wron communication module from you, so I bought another on Amazon. How do I link that?

Aha. That would be the issue here. If you have purchased a new cellular communication module, we would need to know the new module ID number in order to link it to your account. Looking through the account it appears this is referenced in email correspondence:

Once you have received your new module, please submit the cellular module number to us via our Secure Message Tool so that we can associate your new module with your Alarm.com account. The correct number would be labelled as follows: “ADC” on 3G Verizon Modules and “IMEI” on 3G AT&T Modules or 4G LTE Verizon Modules.

The Alarm.com communication module ID is how your system is linked to your Alarm.com account. No local programming changes are required, but we would just need that ID number when you have the new module.

A cell phone test is only going to work to link your panel to your Alarm.com account with that new module ID set in the account. That is why your cell test didn’t work.

But in general, note that a cell phone test can be run at any time (and might need to be run again - if you run it shortly after booting up the panel it can fail).

Thanks Jason. The module came with a sticker with a FCC ID and a IC number. Are those numbers relevant? Also, I would find the Module ID number on the module itself? (I’m unable to check it at the moment.)

Based on email correspondence it sounds like you actually have a GC3, right? This video will show you how to find the right number. Yes, it is found on the module’s sticker.

The only number required would be labeled “ADC” on 3G Verizon Modules and “IMEI” on 3G AT&T Modules or 4G LTE Verizon Modules.