Switching Simon XT to SuretyDIY

Hi.

My neighbor’s 3 year contract is almost up from another provider, and I told him about SuretyDIY (I just installed a 2GIG system from you guys and Alarm.com). He has a Simon XT system and currently uses a company called Protect America. From what I know, this does not use Alarm.com but another cellular provider and Android app.

I see that the Simon XT system is compatible with Alarm.com and SuretyDIY supports it, but what does my friend need to do to verify compatibility? Is there a special cell module that he needs to buy? What about installer codes, etc.? Will he be able to transfer over to SuretyDIY without this? I’m not sure if he has the code, or if the current provider will give it to him. They did tell him at one point that he could switch his eq. to another provider, but I’m not sure. Will he have to reprogram the panel again with his sensors and user codes?

Thanks for any help.

Happy to help!

An unregistered 3G compatible module would be required in order to utilize service through suretyDIY.

This page here will cover the necessary steps to switch with a Simon XT Reprogramming of the sensors would not be necessary should your friend require a new cellular communication module. Just the reprogramming of Z-Wave devices (if any are in use)

What about installer codes, etc.? Will he be able to transfer over to SuretyDIY without this? I’m not sure if he has the code, or if the current provider will give it to him.

When connecting with a Simon XT panel, part of the initial connection to the system with our service is a series of commands to open programming, disable lockouts, and default the installer code for you. This does require connection to a suretyDIY Alarm.com account.

Thanks Tyler.

I see the link you provided is for a Simon XTi, is it similar/same instructions for the basic Simon XT?

Yes, they would be.