Switching to suretyDIY with 2GIG

Im looking to go with you guys for secutiy using my 2gig control panel and have a basic understanding of what needs to be done ( need to purchae new cell module) My question is once i update the firmware to the current firmware will I need to reset zones,switches,sensors curretnly in my home?

I have no idea on how to set that up and If I do is there a walk-through on how to do this?

Also will the monitoring service be the same thing that monitronics is offering me? As far as dispatching cops/private armed guard

1 Like

That is correct, you will need an unregistered 3G Alarm.com compatible cellular module in order to utilize our service. You may want to use our Module Check Tool to verify whether or not your current module will work, if you haven’t already.

Should you need to purchase a new module, we offer both an AT&T Module and a Verizon Module Note that your panel must have Firmware version 1.9.5 or higher to be compatible with the Verizon Cell Module and at least 1.9.6 to be compatible with the AT&T Cell Module

It is best to verify which carrier is best for your area by using our Coverage Check Tool

My question is once i update the firmware to the current firmware will I need to reset zones,switches,sensors curretnly in my home?

No it should not reset zones or change panel programming settings. If your panel’s current firmware version is pre ver. 1.9.6, you will want to update to 1.9.6 first.

I have no idea on how to set that up and If I do is there a walk-through on how to do this?

Your panel’s firmware will need to be at least ver. 1.5 in order to update the firmware via the 2GIG USB Firmware Update Cable directions on how to update your firmware can be found at the previous link.

Also will the monitoring service be the same thing that monitronics is offering me? As far as dispatching cops/private armed guard

I cannot speak to the service and practices of any other service provider. However, If you have 24/7 Central Station Monitoring through suretyDIY and an alarm event is triggered, the system sends a signal to Alarm.com via cellular that gets sent to the Central Station who then responds appropriately (dispatching police/fire/ems).

Central Station Monitoring can be added to either the Basic Interactive or Gold Interactive plans that we offer, you can compare them here.