Thermostat with humidity control

I have a 2Gig GC2 and ADC. I am looking for a smart or connected thermostat, that also has humidity control (meaning it can turn on cooling based on humidity level). Any suggestions?

The ADC-T2000 with firmware 1.5 and above has had humidity control recently enabled by Alarm.com. It is the only option at this time for ADC humidity control rules.

I looked up the manual for the ADC-T2000 and it doesn’t mention anything about humidity control. The display only has current or target temperature and mode. Where can I find out more?

Any chance the Honeywell thermostats work?

thanks

Humidity control through Alarm.com was just enabled 8/21/2017. See release notes.

You can operate a dehumidifier or humidifier via the Z-terminal on the ADC-T2000, or you can use the humidity level reading to switch on cooling.

It is only available with the ADC-T2000 at this time.

Thanks for the link. The ADC website is a real chore for finding details.

“you can use the humidity level reading to switch on cooling”

Do you have more information on how it works?

1. How do you enable that control? I’m guessing it’s an emPower rule you setup, like “if humidity > X, then activate cooling”, rather than a “target humidity” setting.

2. With the firmware update, is the humidity displayed on the actual ADC-T2000 panel, or is the humidity only visible through the mobile app?

3. Does this mean that the ADC-T2000 has a hygrometer, or is ADC only aware of the humidity if you connect something else to it?

thanks!

How do you enable that control? I’m guessing it’s an emPower rule you setup, like “if humidity > X, then activate cooling”, rather than a “target humidity” setting.

emPower > Thermostats > Thermostat Rules and Alerts > Smart Humidity Control

See attached for the rule on Alarm.com.

With the firmware update, is the humidity displayed on the actual ADC-T2000 panel, or is the humidity only visible through the mobile app?

All humidity control and viewing is through Alarm.com, app or website.

Does this mean that the ADC-T2000 has a hygrometer, or is ADC only aware of the humidity if you connect something else to it?

No additional equipment required. The ADC-T2000 has a humidity meter. Keep in mind only firmware 1.5 and up ADC-T2000s are compatible with the ADC rules.

Keep in mind only firmware 1.5 and up ADC-T2000s are compatible with the ADC rules.

Last question (I think) - are the ADC-T2000’s in the store already at firmware 1.5 and up? If not, how easy is it to update?

are the ADC-T2000’s in the store already at firmware 1.5 and up?

Yes, they would be.

The only update discussion was a possible OTA but we have not heard confirmation of that being available.

This is interesting to me. Recently, the app started showing me humidity on the cards for the three thermostats but I don’t see the same on the web. I know my thermostats are stuck on firmware 1.2 so I don’t see the humidity control rules but apparently they’re still reporting it back.

Yep, the hardware for it was present on previous firmware versions. I hadn’t tried it on an older firmware Tstat though, I’m glad to hear the readings are available

The hardware being present and the ability to display the values doesn’t lead to rules utilizing it though…

Bizarre.

The thermostat itself saves schedules and rules. I believe the firmware does not support Humidity rule processing.