Thumnail or attache Video SMS no coming through

I just got my video camera today. I setup a recording schedule called “Door Unlocked Recording Schedule”. It is triggering fine and sends out an email with video attached within 2 minutes. I have another recipient set on the same schedule to my mobile phone and when set to text only it comes through within 2 minutes, however when set to Thumbnail or Attach a Video clip I never get the SMS message.

Some of the video sms messages final came through about one hour later, I dont think they all did but some did come through but with too much of a delay to be of any use.

Thoughts?

We can see in the history when the notifications are sent following a triggered action. The SMS are being sent within one second of all email notifications, so this is likely a carrier delay. What carrier are you using for phone?

Verizon and Sprint

You’ve tried this on two phones of different carriers? I see only one SMS recipient having been set for video notification. Can you confirm the carrier for that recipient.

I am seeing something different. Look at the Recording Schedule for Door Unlocking by CL. You should see different carriers. Or you looking at the logs are the actual schedule configuration?

Yes, I see that schedule created yesterday evening but I’m not seeing that one having been tested in the history. There is only one number in history receiving Video SMS.

Digging through I found the second number is Sprint, looks like the one receiving the notifications so far is Verizon. I’ll check with ADC and see if they know of anything specific with regard to Verizon delaying SMS with the video attached.

Would you mind testing one of the other notifications when you get a chance and seeing if there is similar occurrence with the other carrier?

Sure no problem. It appears there is no way to trigger a recording schedule remotely so I will have to wait until I get home. The recording trigger about System arm/disarm appears to really mean panel arm/disarm (not the system as in through the panel or mobile app).

Not a problem, whenever you get a chance. There was a previous issue with Verizon SMS and video attachments I believe a while back which was resolved, so this may be related. My hunch is that you would not see the same thing with the other carrier.

I did about 6 tests tonight and things are improved but not all working.

Here is what is working and come through within 2 minutes or so:

1. Emails with video attachment
  2. Verizon SMS with video attachment
  3. Verizon text only message
  4. Sprint text only message

Here is what is not working:

1. Sprint SMS with video attachment

Seems like the opposite of what was seen previously. Can you report results of any further testing over the weekend?

I did more testing over the weekend. Same as above, Sprint SMS videos take 1.5 hours to come through if they come through at all. Verizon has been fine.

Hmm, a couple things to check:

1. can you create an email address contact for that Sprint user in the following form? XXXXXXXXXX@pm.sprint.com (XXXXXXXXXX = sprint user’s phone number) Then select that address as a contact to receive the clip attachment. Any difference between that and the sms alert timing?

2. Is the user connected to wifi when these alerts are being generated?

1. I added the @pm.sprint.com as an additional receipt and just did a test. Verizon and standard email still works with video attachments, but the Sprint SMS to the phone number and to the @pm.sprint.com email does not work. The Sprint Text only message did work.

2. Yes both on Home and Work wifi with same results, Sprint SMS with video not coming through for at least 1.5 hours but Sprint text only coming through quickly (2 mins or less).

After about 30 mins the “email version” of the SMS, the one to @pm.sprint.com came through on the phone as a “movie” and cannot be played on the iphone. I may get the true SMS version in another hour or so if it past is any indication.

This is the same issue I was having with Verizon (see first post) that has now been fixed (due to some outside force other than myself). Now if that same force would just work it’s magic on the Sprint service.

This is the same issue I was having with Verizon (see first post) that has now been fixed (due to some outside force other than myself). Now if that same force would just work it’s magic on the Sprint service.

This is a carrier delay on the texts with attachments, so it is hard to give any expectation, however I am updating ADC with the results of the testing. We’ll update here with any additional steps and any ETA.