Transitioning from DSC to IQ2

I have DSC Impassa monitored by ADT and am going to transition to Qolsys IQ2.) from Livewatch. salesman told me I need a translator for DSC window and door sensors as well as motion sensors to work with IQ panel. but DSC Smoke/CO sensors will not work with IQ.

My question is 1. if both panles are made by Tyco and have same frequency is the translator required and if DSC sensors are compatible with IQ directly then why will CO/ smoke sensor not work.

1. I am advised that I need IQ fireman sensors (that pick up the siren sound of regular daisy chained hardwired home fire alarms and trigger IQ panel) and may also need separate CO sensor.
  2. will DSC glass break sensor work with IQ with or w/o translator.

Thanks

The IQ Panel 2 (and IQ Panel) use a GE wireless sensor radio. They do not use the same frequency, are not compatible with DSC wireless, and would need a translator. It doesn’t matter what type of sensor they are, DSC wireless sensors will not work without a translator on an IQ Panel 2.

The DSC Touch is a DSC radio version of the IQ Panel which would be directly compatible with your existing sensors.

Wireless translators will not work with life safety devices like smoke detectors and CO detectors so yes, they would need to be replaced.

Thanks