Two way voice GC3

Hello , was just reviewing the new gc3 posting on your site , it says two way voice is currently not available for the gc3, is that true? Why would that be? The panel is ADC and is capable for two way voice , my gc2 had it , can someone explain , I have yet to send in a test

Thank You

Yes, unfortunately, the GC3 2 Way Voice is not currently available through ADC. There are plans to fix this issue with a firmware update, to be released sometime in the near future.

Any word when 2 way voice will be functional?

I tested 2-way voice on a GC3 yesterday. Was working wonderfully. The speaker is amazing in it and a huge improvement.

Can you elaborate on how you tested it? I would like to try as well but most everyone else is saying the feature is not yet available.

Yes, please let me know how you tested it? SuretyDiy says it’s not yet functional and when I tested Friday it wasn’t working, did a firmwAre update get released yesterday? Please let me know

Thank You

I tested 2-way voice on a GC3 yesterday. Was working wonderfully. The speaker is amazing in it and a huge improvement.

Two way voice must be tested and approved through ADC. It’s likely fully functional in the panel to dial directly to a CS. Are you saying you tested through Alarm.com? They specifically state this feature is not yet fully supported.

Firmware shows GC3 3.0.0.

Signals are being forwarded through alarm.com to CS and CS got the call when the alarm went off because they definitely picked up.

It was in a test mode with CS. But I can’t imagine that with the system not in the test mode that somehow the signals would not work properly. Hmm…

So 2 way voice is now working I take it? I will have to test it, if it is that is awesome news:) where does alarm.com say it’s not functional yet I can’t seem to find that info on web

Thank You

We were informed that Alarm.com officially supports it now, yes.

2 way voice on the panel itself has always been available, just ADC did not until now state full support, was pending testing and confirmation I believe.

Is there anything I need to do to enable 2 way voice on my GC3? I accidentally triggered an alarm this weekend (one motion detector was set as PERIMETER instead of INTERIOR FOLLOWER) and monitoring called my cell but never used 2 way voice.

Thanks!
-David

hmm, I am showing 2way voice was activated. I also see central station history indicating 2 way voice was used but there was no response.

Are you able to test this again?

Odd…I was standing at the panel when the alarm went off and was still standing at the panel when I received the cell phone call. Never heard anything over 2 way voice. Yes, I can try again tomorrow morning. Should I just trigger an alarm?

Yeah, just a perimeter alarm is fine. Have the phone handy just in case.

I’ll do some testing on a GC3 tomorrow as well and see if I notice any inconsistencies with 2 way voice.

Will do. I will report back once I have completed the test. Thanks!

Hi Jason I am having 2 way inconsistencies as well I tested the panel and sent approximately 20 alarms. They kept indicating there was no response on 2 way, I myself was standing at panel waiting for them to respond. On the last alarm it worked , but only after I put the panel volume at max, maybe there is a bug or issue with gc3 2 way and panel volume has to be at full blast? Hopefully you can find something out for us

Thank you

Hi Jason,

I did 2 tests this morning. First one, I could hear her but halfway through, it dropped and I could no longer hear her. She called me back on my cell and told me she could still hear me.

I then turned all volumes up on the panel and did another test. This time, I couldn’t hear the call at all, but he confirmed when we called me that he could hear me fine.

Looks like a bug?

Also, when I did my tests, I armed away and tried to trigger an alarm by setting of an interior motion (as if someone smashed through a window and climbed in without setting of a perimeter alarm)…I walked the entire house and not one of the 5 motions triggered. Can you confirm the proper settings for those sensors?

Thanks!
David

I’ll see if I can confirm similar issues here.

Also, when I did my tests, I armed away and tried to trigger an alarm by setting of an interior motion (as if someone smashed through a window and climbed in without setting of a perimeter alarm)…I walked the entire house and not one of the 5 motions triggered. Can you confirm the proper settings for those sensors?

Q14, Auto Stay. If you arm away and do not open an entry point during the countdown it will revert to stay.

Disable Q14 if you do not want Auto Stay active.

Thank you, Jason. Out of 4 alarms triggered (one by accident, 3 test), only once was I able to hear them via 2-way voice, and only for part of the discussion (it cut out about halfway through). Aside from that one, they have always been able to hear me, but I am unable to hear them.

I have experienced similar issues in testing. Looking into it now.