Versa'larm NO Dry Contact to Concord 4 ?

Recommendation please.

Have a nifty sewage pit in a finished basement with ALDERON Versa’larm VA01A independent alarm w/float switch. Only local noise making(i.e. useless if we’re not in the basement or maybe first floor). This piece does provide a N/O dry contact for a BAS or monitoring system.

Sump and alarm in a dedicated closet, practically unreachable by wire to the Concord 4 alarm panel without massive drywall carnage…So,

I want a wireless, supervised input for this contact to use with the Concord4/ADC. I’ll put sensor in best zone to let me know the crap is about to hit the fan (or carpet…)

What specific input should I buy?

You can monitor with any wireless sensor with a wired input. The RE101 should be fine. However, note that if you only have a N/O contact, you would need to use a Relay to get a N/C output for the sensor. I am not aware of any wireless transmitter which would accept N/O.

To use N/O directly, I believe you would need to get a wire one way or another back to your Concord, because you would need to hardwire to the panel zones or use a wired zone extender.

What are the electrical specs of the N/O contacts? It is probably safe to pass 5-12VDC across to trigger an RBSNTTL, which would in turn trip a N/C output.

Ok a bit more required than a wire to window wireless sensor aux input.

An appropriate relay and (efficient)wall-wart to power sensing ?
Perhaps an ST1 “snap track” to mount the RBSNTTL board (or equivalent) ?

SPECS for further comment:

Installation of the Versa’larm Continued
…If connecting to existing alarm security system or BAS system leave Terminals “+” and “-” open and use 18 AWG 2 conductor wire to connect the existing product to Terminals 1A and 1B…
Versa’larm VA01A "Terminals 1A and 1B
Normally Open
Class 2, 24 VDC/VAC (50/60 Hz)
100 Milliamps MAXIMUM

Thanks for helping suss this out ! :slight_smile:

Ok a bit more required than a wire to window wireless sensor aux input.

Yes, only because the wireless input would be looking for a Normally Closed circuit. That’s what the RBSNTTL would provide for you.

You would use anywhere from a 3VDC-24VDC 100ma or less power source and use the Normally Open terminals on your device to hold open the power circuit until it triggers, which in turn closes the power circuit, triggers the RBSNTTL, and activates the Normally Closed circuit on the RBSNTTL.

The RBSNTTL comes with adhesive spacers for mounting and would fit in a cheap electrical enclosure box from the hardware store (just to protect the board from dust etc.)

Ok so I got a 2.5A 12VDC class V(efficient) screw-terminal wall wart power supply from ebay $10…

Thinking I put like a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor in series to limit the current to the N/O contacts on the Versa’larm when it trips closed ??

My advanced math LOL
V=IR I=V/R= 12V/1000ohm = 0.012 amps = 12ma < 100ma max on Vers’alarm so get like 12ma…we good?

1/4 watt resistor load OK too … 0.012amp x 12VDC = 0.144 Watts ? we good #2?

Comments?

Thinking I put like a 1000 ohm 1/4 watt resistor in series to limit the current to the N/O contacts on the Versa’larm when it trips closed ??

My advanced math LOL
V=IR I=V/R= 12V/1000ohm = 0.012 amps = 12ma < 100ma max on Vers’alarm so get like 12ma…we good?

1/4 watt resistor load OK too … 0.012amp x 12VDC = 0.144 Watts ? we good #2?

Yes, the math looks good.