Vivint to SuretyDiy

I have a GoControl panel and I already saw some videos on firmware update and cellular module replacement to switch to SuretyDiy. Replacing the communication module and unplugging the backup battery looks easy if I can find another video or instructions how to do a shut down the panel first. For the firmware updates, my panel version is 1.9.6, do I have to do a step update or go straight to the latest version? Will the conversion kits delivered with additional instructions, how soon can this be delivered? Thanks.

how to do a shut down the panel first

The 2GIG Panel does not have a UI shutdown procedure. You simply unplug the plug-in transformer, then unplug the internal battery which removes all power to the panel. The transformer will be a white 14VDC transformer which looks like this, and if the system was installed by a dealer, it will commonly be found in a basement.

For the firmware updates, my panel version is 1.9.6, do I have to do a step update or go straight to the latest version?

If you are already at 1.9.6 there shouldn’t be an issue and can update directly to 1.17.

If the firmware is prior to 1.9.6 you should upgrade to 1.9.6 first before 1.17.

Will the conversion kits delivered with additional instructions, how soon can this be delivered?

Instructions to get connected to your suretyDIY account and Alarm.com are emailed along with your initial login credentials for Alarm.com in your Welcome to suretyDIY letter upon completion of order processing. This includes links to testing instructions, central station contact details, etc.

Orders are typically subject to one business day for processing. Shipping options are available at checkout. Orders ship from Columbus, Ohio.

Thank you for the quick reply. I just finished placing my order including the monitoring. Will the phone number they will be using be emailed to me? I can add it to my contact list and ask other contacts to add it as well so we will know if it is them calling and not some robo marketing number. I experienced that with vivint when no caller id was showing so I didn’t answer the first time they called.

Will the phone number they will be using be emailed to me?

Yes, in fact the number to directly contact the central station for signal verification or to place your account on test, etc. as well as the outbound number which will show up on your caller ID when an alarm call is made are included in the email.

We recommend all users to save this number as a contact in their phone so that Alarm calls are identifiable.