What sensor type for garage door

I have a contact sensor on my garage door and I don’t want to use an exit/entry sensor type on it as I sometime pull into the garage and may sit there for 10-20 minutes talking on the phone. If it is an exit/entry sensor, the max delay time is 240 seconds. What sensor type can I use if I just want to know if the garage door is open or closed and don’t care to have it trigger an alarm. Also, will this other sensor type give me a notification via alarm.com account? thanks.

What sensor type can I use if I just want to know if the garage door is open or closed and don’t care to have it trigger an alarm. Also, will this other sensor type give me a notification via alarm.com account

On the 2GIG set sensor type as ‘No response’, and ‘Contact’ You can set up alarm.com notifications for sensor.

Looks like this is in reference to a GC3. You would want to set the Sensor type in that wireless zone programming to (23) No Response Type.

No Response Type zones report their activity to Alarm.com and you can set up notifications for the sensor, but it will never trip an alarm at the panel.