Why does the enrollment page for new customers do this?

Just signed up for a new account and purchased a new Qolsys IQ Panel 2.

A few questions because I didn’t see it referenced in your privacy policy and customers like myself are concerned about security these days.

1. I noticed the page is encrypted in transit via SSL/HTTPS, is my data including my secret codeword being stored on SuretyDIY’s systems? If so, is my data encrypted or it being stored in a plaintext database somewhere on a server?

2. The form fields don’t appear standard, are these actually Alarm.com form fields that I’m typing into and it’s going to their systems?

3. Why can I not enter 911 into the form? See below? I had to find a number for my local fire department, which you DO NOT WANT to call during an emergency. Are these just placeholders and as part of the Alarm.com enrollment process for a new customer, they actually search the address and know who to call? In my state you don’t call local medical, fire, PD, you call 911. This is pretty confusing.

For number 1, I will need to get some feedback from the IT team to make sure I get you the best answer, but from what I know about the process, yes the data is encrypted.

For number 2, no, the current order survey is not linked to Alarm.com, only our own system. Our data entry team creates your accounts in Alarm.com and the Central Station respectively.

For number 3, 911 cannot be used. 911 is routed to local emergency response based on the location of the caller, which means if a central station dialed 911, they would get their own local authorities. Direct 10-digit numbers are needed.

Now, that said, those are just placeholders. The 10 digit direct dispatch lines are always verified by the suretyDIY team during account creation. The non-emergency number is fine for those fields. (I believe those fields are being removed in an upcoming update anyway)

Thanks Jason, just a customer enhancement feature that is should probably say they are placeholders. Since it’s going away in the near future, that’s fine. I was going crazy trying to Google numbers not knowing it would be changed in the future or verified. Very good, if you could find out about #1 for me, that would be great.

I’ve been with SuretyDIY for over 4 years now, very happy with the service.

Jason, any update from your IT team?

Ah, yes. Yes, the data in the survey is heavily encrypted.

Looks like the emergency authority numbers requirements were in fact removed as well, actually.

Thanks Jason, that’s good. However, see below. It looks like the data I entered into the system was lost twice?

Do I need to re-enter or this is just a remnant of having the “emergency authority number requirements” removed?

Hrm. I just checked into this for you. No, it would not have occurred twice. The second email is a follow up on the first. It looks like the team started processing this order a little while ago, which means they have the survey info needed. There may have just been a delayed notification. You can ignore the second follow up.