Window Sensor Tamper

I just started the service today. Everything seems to work as expected, except the upstairs front bedroom window continues to report as tampered. I have snapped the cover on and off several times. Is there a fix for this or is the sensor defective?

Happy to help!

What model of sensor is that window sensor? Is it an original sensor from a previous installation?

Does the tamper alert ever change at the panel and then return? Or does the alert simply remain?

Does the sensor report open and close at all?

One scenario which may cause this, did you recently replace the batteries on that sensor? If the cover was opened and new batteries were installed the wrong side up this would occur.

I’m using the same programming that was originally setup by Vivint. The programming indicates this is Sensor #11, and the Eqpt Code is 655 (existing Door/Window Contact). I have used the “Learn” option 2x for this door. Each time it tells me the sensor is a Honeywell and the SN is 0911393.

Physically, the sensor is connected by 2 wires to an external magnet and contact. This is the same as for many other window contacts throughout my home. The window chimes and indicates the window is opened when I open the window. The physical labels on the sensor indicate Model: WS4945NA, S: 236221, ESN: 236B21 and 700008711.

I have not changed the battery. However, after your post, I opened the sensor, pulled the battery to make sure it was inserted properly (it was) and closed it back up.

As indicated earlier, the system recognizes when I open and close the window. However, it continues to indicate the status as “Front Bedroom Window: Tamper”.

Interesting, the installation is a bit more complicated and likely had a previous system before the Go!Control as the WS4945NA is a DSC sensor. There would be a wireless translator somewhere on site.

The WS4945NA would just be acting as a transmitter for a wired sensor from your description, and the WS4945NA has two tampers. One is the standard cover tamper, the other is a wall tamper which may or may not have been used. This installation manual shows the two tamper switches.

If programming has not been changed this is likely just a physical issue. Over time the wall tamper may have loosened and is the more likely culprit. Can you check to make sure the wall tamper or cover tamper switches are not damaged, and that the wall tamper has not made a depression into the wall behind it. If it has it may be deep enough to release the tamper switch.