writing light switch rules

I have a DSC PowerSeries Neo with an LTE/Internet Dual-Path Alarm Communicator with Z-Wave, and your alarm.com Gold Interactive service.
I am considering purchasing Z-Wave light switches to make the house look occupied.
I’m currently unable to create any rules, probably because I don’t have any Z-Wave devices registered, and so I’m wondering what the rule language looks like. I’ve hunted around on the alarm.com site tutorials, but haven’t found anything that really helps me.
Will I be able to write the rules so that that lights are only automatically turned on or off when motion has not been detected in the last x hours?
Is there a random number generator available so that I can individually adjust each switch’s on and off times to be random within some time window? If not, can I set each switch’s on and off times to be different depending on the day of the month (even better, some modulus of the day of the month?)?
Is there a document somewhere that I can read to learn what capabilities are available to the rules?
thanks!
Bill

I’m attaching a couple screenshots to give an idea of scheduling options. In the first you can see time of day schedule options selected. An option in that case is to select “Make Times Approximate” which will run the rule at the scheduled time, give or take 45 minutes, randomizing the action.

You can set up multiple schedules that do not overlap, as well as different schedules for different lights, or group lights together in a schedule.

The second shot shows sunset/sunrise options. These cannot be made random, as they run at a specific shifting time, but you can select for them to run up to 2 hours before or after sunrise/sunset.

In addition, you can turn on lights using event triggered rules. Triggers for lights can be Alarms, Arming/Disarming, Sensor Activity, Garage Door activity, and Geoservices.

Will I be able to write the rules so that that lights are only automatically turned on or off when motion has not been detected in the last x hours?

The last attached capture is an example of what you are referring to here. This would be an event triggered rule.

Thank you Jason, your screenshots are a big help.
It would be super-nice if they have plans to support a scripting language in the future.
thanks!
Bill