Z-wave lock codes

Changes to user lock access initiated through the ADC web site aren’t updating on most of my Z-wave locks. I’ve even tried deleting and recreating one of the users. Any ideas what could cause this and how I can fix it?

Have you made any changes to codes at the lock itself?

How about the panel, have you added any users at the panel itself physically?

The results should typically be resolved automatically but this can throw off the user slot number in the panel and lock, causing a mismatch.

When you say most locks, is it always the same locks failing? Are any of the locks always unaffected? Are they all the same model?

All locks are the same model and no changes have been made to the locks themselves. No users have been added physically at the panel. These are all pre-existing users at ADC that I occasionally permission, so lock access for them hasn’t been a problem in the past. There is one lock that seems to be accepting all codes; a couple others that are spotty, and a couple that are failing for all users.

I did move the panel to another location temporarily, but it can still lock/unlock each deadbolt.

I did move the panel to another location temporarily, but it can still lock/unlock each deadbolt.

This is the likely cause, actually.

Keep in mind when moving the controller or other devices, Z-wave is a mesh network that relies on device transmission routes to be mapped accordingly. Moving the controller affects the mesh network orientation and a Network Rediscovery must be run to ensure proper communication. Some commands may be affected more heavily than others.

Try running a network rediscovery, (on the IQ Panel 2: Settings > Advanced Settings > System Tests > Z-wave Tests > Rediscover Network > Select all devices > Rediscover) wait about ten-fifteen minutes, then try re-sending codes. Allow up to five minutes per code to be applied at the panel/locks. Any change?

I failed to mention that Network Rediscovery was run after the panel relocation. All nodes were found. Did not resolve the issue. In fact, one of the deadbolts with trouble is about two feet from the panel itself.

Are all the codes in Alarm.com as you would currently like them to be set? If so we can try sending commands to sync what you have in ADC with the local system which usually can assist in cases like this.

Would it be ok to send those commands now?

Yes, please do. Thanks

We’ve initiated those commands. Depending on the number of users and devices it may take up to 30 minutes to complete. After about 30 minutes, any luck?

Unfortunately no change.

If no change after that I would suggest trying to remove and re-add the closest lock as a test case. Run a network rediscovery then try adding the codes to that lock. Any change?

If no change after that I would suggest trying to remove and re-add the closest lock as a test case. Run a network rediscovery then try adding the codes to that lock. Any change?

This worked. I’ll repeat with the other locks. Any idea why this would happen/what I can do to prevent from reoccurring?

Any idea why this would happen/what I can do to prevent from reoccurring?

It is difficult to say, this might occur due to code mismatches between the panel and the lock (sometimes if lock codes are manually added at the lock). It may also be a bug, possibly the result of an update such as panel firmware or app version and the combination of devices on your system (panel model, lock model, etc.) It could be a bug in the panel’s Z-wave software that was triggered.

Always make sure to send all codes through ADC, don’t add codes locally at the panel or lock. Usually this shouldn’t matter but problems can arise.

Ok, that’s a headscratcher. I’ve never added a code locally at the lock.