zwave lock help?

Does anyone have 2GIG GC3 compatible zwave locks suggestions? The photo of the current lock I’m trying to replace is attached. I’m open to any suggestions. Ultimately it would be nice to have the lock unlock when the alarm panel is disarmed and the reverse. Thanks!

That’s a nice old lock and handle!

In this case any Z-wave lock installation would require modification to the door.

Compatible models are below, including handle locks and deadbolts. It may be easier to add a deadbolt than modify the handle, depending on the current hardware.

– Kwikset 910, 914, 916 locks
– Yale Lock Models – YRD210, YRD220, YRD 240, YRL 220
– Schlage Lock Models – BE468, FE599

Note that the above compatibility is as of 3.1 firmware.

I installed 3.1 yesterday so I’m good there. I never thought about just installing a deadbolt. Thanks! That’s a good idea. I could leave the existing hardware in place and maybe installed the deadbolt on top?

“In this case any Z-wave lock installation would require modification to the door.”

What do you mean by this?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

“In this case any Z-wave lock installation would require modification to the door.”

What do you mean by this?

All Z-wave door locks would require standard hardware cut-out dimensions. See the attached image.

Adding a deadbolt would require prepping the door and frame for the deadbolt, cutting out the holes and bolt pass-through, and chiseling out for the bolt and strike plate.

Swapping the handle may require more custom modification depending on what is behind that existing handle lock.

Ok, Thanks!