2GIG Glassbreak Low Battery

Having trouble with master bedroom glass break sensor after changing batteries. System will not read the sensor. I tried to delete the sensor by changing serial number to all zeros and trying to add it back.

Thank You

Happy to assist you!

Which model Glassbreak are you using with your panel?

You will first want to ensure the Glassbreak was removed from the panel properly. This video here will help! Should you need it, here is a video on How to Install a Glassbreak into your 2GIG panel. Keep in mind that for RF sensors, while we are certainly happy to send a command to remove the sensor if you are having trouble, it won’t have any additional effect beyond what deleting the sensor locally would. The panel is just being programmed to listen for that RF sensor’s serial number. The sensor is not itself linked to the panel.

Typically this will be an issue with the sensor itself.

When changing the batteries you will want to ensure that:

-The new batteries are fresh and before their use by/best by date.
-There is no corrosion on the Glass break battery housing terminals.

Do you recall how much time passed between taking the old batteries out and replacing them with new ones? Its best to wait 2-3 minutes. Try properly removing the glassbreak from the panel and remove the new batteries for 2-3 minutes, re install them and then try to learn the glassbreak in again. Then try testing the glassbreak. Any Change?

Thanks for the speedy reply. I will follow the directions above. Unfortunately, I am out of town. So, it will have to wait. If you don’t hear from me again it worked. Thanks again!