ADC Not Showing Thermostat

Suretydiy Staff,

Hello. I setup my alarm system today and having an issue with the thermostat not showing up on ADC’s website. It is displayed on the 2gig panel and I’ve ran the cell phone test to push data to ADC. Could you please provide assistance with helping to display this thermostat on my account?

Thanks for your time!

We’ve requested an updated equipment list from the panel but no additional device is being acknowledged by the panel. In fact it appears that a thermostat is listed as a deleted device yesterday. Can you confirm whether or not this device is currently connected?

Try re-learning the thermostat into your panel. Keep in mind you should learn in the thermostat within a short distance from the panel. The panel can be run on battery and brought to the tstat to accomplish this.

Thanks for the reply. Yesterday, I deleted the thermostat due to relearning the door lock I was having issues with setting up. The thermostat is listed and able to see temperature info on the 2gig panel & TS1. Today, I did remove the device and set it back up into the panel and I can view the information from the thermostat on the panel. Also ran a cell phone test and still not showing up on ADC.

What model of thermostat are you using? How far away from the panel was the thermostat when learned in?

I’m replying in response for my brother Andre, I have been helping him troubleshoot this issue he is encountering. Like previous mentioned, the panel does have comms with the thermostat. The thermostat is a CT100 and is listed as node 6. We are able to view the status, and temperature on both the 2gig Control & TS1.

The thermostat was previously connected to the 2gig panel after we did a factory reset of the 2gig panel to gain control to the installer toolbox. Also, it was listed on the ADC website. I cleared out the Z-Wave devices due to having a comms issue with the deadbolt.

Seems like the panel isn’t pushing the thermostat to ADC or ADC isn’t updating with the panel. Either way, the thermostat is configured correctly and has comms with the panel.

Like I stated previously, this is helping (Andre) troubleshoot his issue. I have monitoring with your company also. I recommended him to switch to your company for monitoring.

Either way, the thermostat is configured correctly and has comms with the panel.

This does not ensure that the panel has or can transmit the necessary network details to Alarm.com.

If the device is not learned in within 5-10 feet of the panel the learning process may not successfully retrieve all device data. This is an exceedingly common problem when it comes to locks and thermostats.

However, that said, we’ve just run another equipment request and it looks like the panel is now reporting the thermostat is connected. Make sure to test to be certain that remote commands are accepted.