Alarm.com new image sensor?

I am using a 2gig GC3 panel with ADC and am planning on getting one of the new image sensors.

Alarm.com’s site lists the item as “Alarm.com Image Sensor (ADC-IS-300-LP DSC, Interlogix, Qolsys, and 2GIG GC3)”

I am also seeing a part number as 2GIG-IMAGE3 which looks identical to me. The 2gig description is “With a refreshed design, the new Image Sensor for 2GIG GC3 panels combines the capabilities of a wireless PIR motion detector and a digital still camera. The Image Sensor, powered by Alarm.com…”

Are both of these the same? Is there a specific part number that is more appropriate to order?
I believe they both need an adapter (2GIG XCVR3) to be installed at the panel, how complicated is that?
Also what additions are needed for the subscription and the costs?
Can you schedule times when non alarm pictures are taken during motion?

Are both of these the same? Is there a specific part number that is more appropriate to order?

Yes, the Image3 and the ADC-IS-300-LP are the same part. Most panels use the same Image sensor radio type to communicate. The odd-panel out is the Go!Control which uses a slightly different radio in its image sensors and does not yet have a comparable 3rd gen version.

The XCVR3 is required for image sensor communication with the GC3. It easily installed and is wired to the terminal block in the GC3 and hangs in-wall.

Also what additions are needed for the subscription and the costs?

Nothing is needed to add Image Sensor capability if you have Gold Interactive service. It is an included feature up to 40 images/month. (Alarm generated images continue past the limit just like with video)

Can you schedule times when non alarm pictures are taken during motion?

The image sensor takes photos based on motion being detected in the image sensor field of view. You can use rules like “background capture” to capture movement after a period of inactivity regardless of arming status.

You can filter for privacy based on arming status, geofences, or time of day.