Alarm.com Schedule Off After Daylight Savings?

Noticed my exterior lights (Zwave switched) are not turning on/off like they are scheduled to. I didn’t notice a problem until this week after daylight savings.

I can toggle the lights on/off from the app, but the auto schedule doesn’t seem to work.

The only other thing that has changed is that I replaced the 3G cell radio chip thingy (tech term) last week. When I logged in to double check the settings from the Alarm.com website I noticed that the website interface had been updated. Maybe I accidentally checked/unchecked something?

I have the schedule set like I want and the slider button to the “on”. Not sure what else could be the problem.

Quite a few possibilities for this given the recent changes, but the best first step would be to delete the rule using the trash icon, wait 5 minutes, and recreate. Does that resolve the issue?

I will do that and report back. Thank you.

I deleted the schedule, waited 5 minutes, and made a new one. Same results last night and this morning–no automation for the lights.

What should I try next?

Well, I see 0 failed messages being reported by your Z-wave diagnostics, so this if this was a pre-existing rule that failed there would be an issue with the panel processing this rule.

I am going to have Alarm.com rebuild these automation schedules in your panel with a few commands, check to see if this works this evening. If it does not, I think the next stop would be firmware.

Z-wave network improvements were made in subsequent firmware releases, it looks like your panel is currently using 1.13 firmware.

I would recommend upgrading to 1.17.0.3, then delete and recreate that schedule and test. Command processing changes were implemented in 1.17.

Upgrading the firmware would require the 4-pin firmware update cable and a PC.

Alternatively over the air updates are available. Updates over broadband are free if you have a Go!Bridge. Without a Go!Bridge, OTA updates over cellular carry a one time data charge. To request an OTA update, send a secure message to our team.

10-4

I will report back this evening. The Zwave switches work fine when commanded manually.

I do have the update cable somewhere around the house. Where do I need to go to download the firmware update? I’ll have to research and refresh my memory on how to go about updating everything, but if you have a link handy I’m not opposed to you sharing it =). I’m assuming I should go ahead and update regardless of whether the Zwave schedule issues get worked out?

Certainly, see the video below. You can download the firmware files here. It probably wouldn’t hurt to go ahead and update if you have the cable.

Great. Will try that and let you know the results. Thank you.

The schedule is still not working correctly, and I cannot find my USB cable. Go figure. Will order another cable and try the firmware when it comes in.

Update: Fixed. Updated firmware last night. Lights switched on/off right on schedule. Thank you!

Thank you for following up!