Faulty wired window sensor

Have a 2gig system that was converted from an old hard wired system. One of the window sensors is causing sporadic false alarms–like one every year or so, but it’s annoying enough when the police are coming out for nothing. I’m assuming I need to replace it. Is this as simple as changing out the hardware in the window or will I need to get in to the system with the isntaller code, etc. and reset something? I just need it to consistently make contact.

Wired sensors can be a bit more frustrating to troubleshoot, but there are a couple specific things you should check for before replacing the sensor:

1. Check the wiring at both the sensor end and at the (presumably) TAKE-345 end. Sometimes a wire can be inserted behind the screw-down terminals and make contact with the metal but be unsecured. It may also be an otherwise loose or broken wire.

2. Check the resistance of the circuit. If higher than 3kohm, it might be causing an intermittent issue. If there is a resistor on the circuit you may wish to just remove it as the TAKE-345 does not look for a specific resistance.

3. Make sure the magnet is within the magnetic gap distance and is not loose. Typically you want the magnet no further than a half inch away from the sensor.

Swapping a hardwired sensor would be as simple as physically switching it out. No programming required.