Installing Go!Bridge

I’d like to install an IP Brige Communicator that I recently purchased to my current system.

I wasn’t sure who to notify about this, or if it was necessary before making any upgrades to my 2gig alarm system.

I’m also planning to replace my TS1 panel (the touchscreen has gone bad) sometime next week.

I’ll wait to hear back before doing anything - thanks!

Any chance you could refer to me any videos or posts in regards to installing the 2gig Bridge IP communicator and/or the steps for swapping my secondary TS1 panel? Thanks in advance for your time & any help!

I wasn’t sure who to notify about this, or if it was necessary before making any upgrades to my 2gig alarm system.

For the Go!Bridge it is not necessary as Alarm.com will default the account to dual path settings when the settings are changed at the panel.

However, it is a good idea to request verification or test to make sure it is working after installation.

Information on the Go!Bridge installation can be found here. The installation guide is attached below.

For the TS1, see the video below. You’ll want to relearn the new TS1 over the prior TS1 (replace keypad 1 in programming for example) if it is a replacement. This will ensure malfunction alerts and an additional keypad is not reported.

GoBridge-Install-Guide.pdf (838 KB)

Thanks for the detailed response!

I managed to successfully install the Go!Bridge without any issues.

However, I do have a couple of follow-up questions:

1. Now that the Go!Bridge is installed, is the main control panel (GC2) still using the cell phone module? My primary reason for asking is bc in the event that the internet goes down (which seems to occur intermittently/unpredictably in a given month), will the cell module act as a backup communication source (for communicating with central station)? NOTE: the main reason for adding the Go!Bridge was to reduce alarm.com alert delays (which has sped up dramatically after installing the ip bridge).

2. Random question! I seem to have misplaced my 4-pin extension (that originally came with my 2gig firmware upgrade USB cable). I haven’t been able to find a replacement piece offered anywhere. :frowning: Do i need to purchase another cable, or do you know of any workarounds and/or a vendor that happens to sell the extension pin by itself. I’m kicking myself for misplacing it!

3. I noticed that the TS1 didn’t come with a power cable. Can you recommend a tutorial for making one of these, or can I purchase one?

Thanks in advance for all of your help! I’ve literally been telling everyone about SuretyDIY & hopefully sending you a handful of new customers. :slight_smile: I absolutely love your attention to your customers & the overall support from other customers.

Now that the Go!Bridge is installed, is the main control panel (GC2) still using the cell phone module?

Yes, all Alarm.com accounts require and use cellular as the primary communication method.

Broadband is then used as concurrent backup. As they run simultaneously, adding dual path will often speed up commands because you no longer have cell latency.

Note that the Alarm.com Image Sensor only uses cellular communication.

I seem to have misplaced my 4-pin extension (that originally came with my 2gig firmware upgrade USB cable). I haven’t been able to find a replacement piece offered anywhere

Unfortunately they don’t come separately, so a new cable would be necessary if you can’t find one anywhere. The upside is that OTA updates via Go!Bridge are free and generally do not take as long as cell. So you can always request an OTA. However, keep in mind new firmware is usually not available as quickly via OTA.

I noticed that the TS1 didn’t come with a power cable. Can you recommend a tutorial for making one of these, or can I purchase one?

Panels and secondary keypads do not have pre-connected cabling given that every installation will have wildly different requirements based on where they are installed and plugged in.

Any hardware store should carry the necessary cable. Big box stores like Home Depot, Lowes, etc., will have a huge variety, and typically you will want to use 18/2 stranded cable. For cables under 10 feet, 22/2 cable is fine.

I’ve literally been telling everyone about SuretyDIY & hopefully sending you a handful of new customers. I absolutely love your attention to your customers & the overall support from other customers.

We greatly appreciate your support! And we are happy to help :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your helpful responses!

One last clarification:

• So can I request an OTA update for my new TS1 add-on / replacement panel? In other words, can I add the new TS1 secondary panel to my existing system (as is, out of the box, using the factory default firmware), and then request an OTA update? If that’s possible, how do I go about requesting the OTA update?

Lastly, assuming we need to manually request OTA firmware updates, is there a particular forum post that announces when new OTA updates are available?

So can I request an OTA update for my new TS1 add-on / replacement panel? In other words, can I add the new TS1 secondary panel to my existing system (as is, out of the box, using the factory default firmware), and then request an OTA update? If that’s possible, how do I go about requesting the OTA update?

Ah, in this case the TS1 would need to be able to pair first, so I don’t think this will work in all scenarios.

If you would like an update sent OTA, send an email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com.

Lastly, assuming we need to manually request OTA firmware updates, is there a particular forum post that announces when new OTA updates are available?

Absolutely! You can subscribe to the thread found here for updates.

Hello. I am installing a new Go!Bridge for my 2GIG system. The lights seem to be correc according to the instructions but it keeps failing the learn process. The 900mhz light on the bridge is flashing green/red. I have unplugged and restarted the bridge and modem several times. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I guess the first thing to verify: do you have an XCVR2 900Mhz Transceiver in the panel?

If the transceiver does not have the corkscrew antenna pictured here, it is not an XCVR2. The panel does not come with the 900Mhz transceiver.

Yes. The 900mhz transceiver is installed and communicating with all of the 345mhz sensors.

According to Alarm.com diagnostics, the panel is not recognizing an XCVR2 connected. Did you install the XCVR2 with the panel powered up? The panel should always be fully powered down including battery when making a physical swap of components.

Try power cycling the panel at this time, then run a cell phone test at the panel. We can check to make sure an XCVR2 is found.