Issue Enabling NEST thermostat on Alarm.com account

Sorry, and hope im not getting ahead of myself. Ive tried to add my nest thermos (2 of them) to my account thru settings - devices - switch nest account, but I am not able to add them, Im returned to main page with “The requested page is not available.” Do I have to wait, or do I need to do something else? Thanks for your help.

Happy to assist! I can confirm that the NEST integration is enabled on your account.

Before enabling the NEST thermostats, you’ll want to ensure that they are already fully configured through your existing NEST Account.

When navigating to Settings -> Devices -> Switch NEST Account, are you able to add your NEST account credentials? You will want to ensure the proper credentials are being utilized.

Additionally, are you logging in to the Alarm.com website to enable the thermostats? If so which browser did you use? You may want to try different browsers.

Offhand do you have beta testing for NEST products?

Tyler, I thank you very much for your tips. Went ahead and tried doing it from Chrome, and not sure why but the “The requested page is not available” came up again. Oso I headed to Nest.com and verified everything looks good, which it did. I had notice on the nest site that I had to authorized connections, my Alexa and two alarm.com (both alarm.com were created today). So I went ahead and removed all the connections from nest.com (Alexa’s and both alarm.com). Tried adding the nest by going to settings, devices, and “switch nest account”. It took me to the nest site to authorize connection, so I did, and took me back to alarm.com dashboard with the same “requested page is not available”, but this time, both my thermostats did show up this time! So I guess, the only thing different is, instead of using Safari, I used Chrome and removed previous connections from nest.com and it works
Thanks again Tyler

well, that didn’t last long. Lost access to my thermos. There were there for a minute but when I started to go into the rules to create some for the nest, they are gone. no longer visible. trying to added them again, this time with EDGE and still no luck. any other suggestions? and the nest are not on betas. Just tried it also with Internet Explorer and no luck either. Getting me the same response, “The request…”

I see two Nest thermostats on your account, both showing a proper status. Has this been resolved through further troubleshooting or simply time?

There are a number of instances of deleted thermostats on your account. It looks like the Tstats might be being successfully added but the Nest server response is returning an error.

Can you confirm whether they are functioning as expected now?

Not sure why, but its seems that my previous CT100s are or were part of the issue. for the weirdest thing, even after i had excluded the CT100 from the panel, if they were dead, the nest would not show up. I powered up the CT100 and somewhat the Nest Tstats kind of, not very well resounded. Weird. So i went ahead and included the CT100 to the panel and made sure that under “devices” it shows the CT100. After excluding, including, excluding, and so on, the Nest would not work. I just tried the following:
I went ahead and while i had the panel under exclude mode, on the CT100 did a reset (by making sure the screen top left showed “off”, then hit menu, and then in middle of screen, pressed for about 5 seconds, the screen changed and showed “00” plus the up/down arrows, so i pressed UP and a 15 second count-down started on the left corner, about 5-3 seconds left, the panel excluded and then after count-down, pressed the down arrow, and waited for the 5 second countdown). After the reset, I went ahead and proceeded with the exclusion process of the CT100 from the panel. Now, after alarm.com under devices shows no CT100 Stats, went ahead and added the Nest. At this point though, Im able to change the temp on the Nest Tstat, but it seems it is not updating the status on the app or website. At this point, Im going to try later on to see what else I can do. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to check and let me know, thanks again Warren. Also, Warren, FYI, I do have multiple Nest sensor connected to both of my nest Tstat

Z-wave devices and the CT100 communication with the panel do not impact Nest account linking in any way. This would be coincidental.

Nest account linking is between Alarm.com and Nest on the back end.

In this case, when you are seeing “Page not available” that is an error between Nest and ADC to provide confirmation of the link. In most cases the thermostats should have successfully learned in, but they would not be visible in the equipment list until you log out and log back into Alarm.com. This will refresh the app with the latest devices.

Im able to change the temp on the Nest Tstat, but it seems it is not updating the status on the app or website. At this point, Im going to try later on to see what else I can do. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to check and let me know, thanks again Warren. Also, Warren, FYI, I do have multiple Nest sensor connected to both of my nest Tstat

Just to clarify, the app will not immediately update the status if a local change is made to the thermostat. A refresh would be needed in order to see a change.

Note that other Nest peripherals are not compatible with Alarm.com, only the Nest thermostat.