Issues with Alarm.com iOS mobile app

I cant login to the IOS app anymore. It tells me that “Agree to Legal Terms” and if I press OK it resets my login.

To clarify, when you attempt to login via mobile app, the app prompts you to “Agree to Legal Terms” and when you agree, the app prompts you to login again? Does this cause a loop?

You’ll want to uninstall the ADC app and then reinstall it. Any change?

Correct. Uninstalling the ADC App and then reinstalling it, does not fix the problem. Same issue persists.

What version of IOS are you currently using?

10.2.1 (14D27)

Thank you, we’ll check with ADC to see if they can recreate the issue on this version.

Could you post a screen shot of the conditions screen button you are pressing, and then the page it takes you to after?

Is this the same phone that you have used successfully previously? Is this a new phone? Have you ever successfully logged in with this device?

Did anything else change immediately prior to this starting to occur?

Have you tried logging in on a different mobile device by chance?

This happpens on iphone and ipad. It only works if I login through the web but that way I fail to get notifications. See pic attached.

Thank you. We will work with Alarm.com to look into this. Are you seeing any prompt to agree to the initial Alarm.com terms when logging in on the website?

No. No prompt when I login to the website.

Curious, I see a successful mobile login after this last post. Were you able to login? Or did it show you the same message?

Same message. I can only login using the website. The app on iPhone and iPad give me the message and don’t allow me to login.

We’ve spoken with Alarm.com on this and we would like to try resending welcome details which should prompt the initial new user wizard upon logging into the website. There you can accept ADC terms and we’re thinking that should resolve the issue.

If you are ok with us resetting the login and sending the Welcome email, please confirm and it will be sent to the email address linked to your Alarm.com account.

Please reset the login.

Alright, thank you, we have sent an Alarm.com welcome letter. Please check your email and let us know if you do not see it.

This should prompt new user setup upon logging into the website. Follow the prompts and agree to the Alarm.com terms. Does this resolve the issue?

I got the email. When I click on the link on the email I get this message:

This link is expired or invalid. If you have already changed your password once with this link, please login with your new credentials, or try to send another “Forgot Password” request.

The welcome email link will have a limited window of availability. We’ve resent that email now.

The email link worked this time and I completed the process which reset my password. When I tried to login to the app using the new password I get the same message as before: Agree to Legal Terms

I even removed the app and restarted the iPhone but same results.

Thank you for following up. I have updated ADC and escalated the ticket. We should hear more in a little bit today.

Have you by chance tried this on an Android device, in case they ask? It might help track the cause.

I dont own an Android device.