Linear Garage not showing up in Alarm.com

I have a GoControl/Linear GD00z-4 Garage door installed on my garage door and it paired with my 2gig panel very quickly. My problem is it doesn’t show up on my alarm.com as a garage door opener but does show up under devices and I am able to use it in scenes IE: when I arm away it closes the garage door. All this seems to work fine. Can you give me some directions on how to get it to show properly under the garage doors section of my mobile app and in alarm.com website so it can be used like my zwave door locks.

I’m seeing that your panel’s firmware is out of date. It needs to be at least firmware ver. 1.13 to be compatible with the opener.

Firmware updates can be handled in a couple ways. First, by using this 2GIG USB Firmware Update Cable. Firmware is downloaded from our website to a Windows PC then transferred to the panel via the update cable. This also works for TS1 secondary panels.

The second method is via Over the Air (OTA) Update. This updates to your device via cellular signal. The process takes anywhere from 3-12 hours to complete and incurs a $10.00 data charge for each OTA that is run. Please note, OTA updates must be run incrementally and the commands to run an OTA can only be sent during normal business hours. Should you wish to go this method, please contact customerservice@suretyDIY.com to get this process started. You will need to submit your verbal admin passcode for verification purposes as well.

Thanks for the quick response. Two quick things my firmware is V 1.9.1 is that sufficient. Second if I do update the firmware does it delete any of my sensors or programming

Updating your firmware will not make any changes to your sensor list or programming selections.
I’m showing 1.9.6 for your firmware so you will need to update to at least 1.13 in order to achieve compatibility with the linear device. You can confirm your firmware by navigating to Security->Menu->Toolbox->Version.

First Thank you for your direction I was able to update my firmware to 1.16.01 and it did solve my garage door problem. During this process I did contact the monitoring station and they had no records on me and aren’t moitoring my home. Is this just a time lag or do I need to do something on my end.

I have looked into this and your account should be set up properly. I’m having customer service reach out to you with appropriate contact information for your central station account.