Need to remove MyQ garage door

Hi, I had to replace my Liftmaster 888LM and now have an old one I need to remove from my account. Is that something I can do, or do you need to remove that for me?

Thank you!

We’re happy to help and remove the old one for you. It looks like both garage devices are labeled the same, can you relabel the one needing removed in Alarm.com so we can verify and remove it for you?

Thank you, Jason! I have renamed the one to be removed.

Thanks, we’ve sent a command to delete that one. It should take effect within 5 minutes. You may need to log out and log back in to view the change right away.

Hi Jason,

I have the same situation. I had to replace a malfunction 888LM, so can you delete the old one from my gateway? I’m having an issue adding the new one and I suspect the old one is tripping up ADC.

Thanks!

Sure, we’ve sent that command. Please allow a couple minutes for that to take effect.

I have three old/malfunctioning My-Q garage devices that I need to remove from my account, but the service I am subscribed to has ignored my request to have these removed for almost two years now. As a result, I get regular “fault” messages from Alarm.com, which I have grown accustomed to ignoring. My concern is that if a fault is eventually reported for one of my two active My-Q garage devices, I could potentially ignore the message too. I am frustrated with this ongoing issue as I can see from this discussion thread that a command can be sent to accomplish this objective in minutes… How would you suggest that I resolve this issue?

I am frustrated with this ongoing issue as I can see from this discussion thread that a command can be sent to accomplish this objective in minutes… How would you suggest that I resolve this issue?

We’re happy to help as much as possible, but unfortunately we cannot speak for another dealer or provide direct assistance with an account that is not through suretyDIY, as we would not have access. I know they have not been responsive, but only communicating your disappointment with your current provider will be effective in resolving this quickly. Note that if your dealer is totally unresponsive to your attempts at reaching out, you might try contacting Alarm.com directly.

If you are interested in DIY, keep us in mind. You can see our service plans, pricing, and included features here.