New Service - Concord 4 takeover Q's

Closing on the almost new house next week (builder model); has nice Concord 4 system with cell module(3G or LTE is most likely), all recently installed (March 2017). I do not have a contract with original installing security company or any obligation to them, and want to activate via SuretyDIY/ADC on “day 0” ASAP when we settle late next week.

The builder has agreed to have the C4 installer code defaulted.
Plan to use the existing C4 Cell Module. Did not realize need Cell Module released until now.
The security system has been “decommissioned” per builder— just do not know “how fully decommissioned”…

Can y’all verify the exciting cell module is also an-assigned and available now?
If not, I can pressure the builder and contractor ASAP. :wink:

(I can probably get a picture of the cell module circuit board).
I need to motivate the builder to get this done ASAP if not.
I assume, if for any reason existing cell module not unregistered/unassigned in time, I could just replace it and go from there?

Also, If there are problems with installer code reset, can SuretyDIY just default installer code via cell module/alarm.com once I have service initially in-place? In other words, once I have a working communications module (mine swapped in, to a previously program system… or the current one unregistered I would be good to go on installer code regardless?

I understand I will need the installer code to update programming should I amend the system?
I really don’t want to swap out the board and reprogram from"zero"…silly.

I’m just hoping the original installing company did not default/clear the programming as well! Ugh.

Finally, it looks like I should have the basic z-wave functionality for locks etc. via the cell module and ADC ? System has no Z-wave stuff I probably will add a few.

Can y’all verify the exciting cell module is also an-assigned and available now?

Happy to help! You can find general steps to get started with a Concord 4 here. The status of the existing cell module can be verified using this module check tool on our website. It will tell you if it is unregistered or not. If it is unregistered, it will also verify if it is 2G vs 3G or 4G.

I assume, if for any reason existing cell module not unregistered/unassigned in time, I could just replace it and go from there?

Yes, if it cannot be unregistered, a new module can replace it. Concord 4 modules come with their own housing and are wired to the panel bus. Concord modules can be found from various vendors and the model numbers can be found in the guide.

Also, If there are problems with installer code reset, can SuretyDIY just default installer code via cell module/alarm.com once I have service initially in-place? In other words, once I have a working communications module (mine swapped in, to a previously program system… or the current one unregistered I would be good to go on installer code regardless?

Yes, once connected to service and your panel is communicating with Alarm.com, you can request to have your installer code defaulted. You can make any change request using our secure message tool found here.

I understand I will need the installer code to update programming should I amend the system? I really don’t want to swap out the board and reprogram from”zero”…silly.

Yes, to program any 319.5 wireless sensors, wired sensors, or make general programming changes the installer code is needed. Note that due to all Zwave function being on the Alarm.com module, you do not need the installer code for Z-wave devices. You do not even use the keypad for Z-wave, just the module itself.

Finally, it looks like I should have the basic z-wave functionality for locks etc. via the cell module and ADC ? System has no Z-wave stuff I probably will add a few.

There are Z-wave and non-Z-wave modules, so you would want to verify the model number. Note that you will need Gold Interactive for remote control/rule creation for the Z-wave automation devices.

want to activate via SuretyDIY/ADC on “day 0” ASAP when we settle late next week.

To get connected you would just need an unregistered module and to purchase a service subscription on our website.

Orders are processed Monday - Friday during business hours. Once your order is processed, you will receive a Welcome email detailing instructions on connecting your system to Alarm.com, as well as initial login credentials and testing steps.

You can connect the panel to service at any time after you receive your welcome email.

THANKS!
Got serial of existing LTE-Verizon communicator, checked and now working to get it released from builder’s vendor pre-settlement. Another start-up Q:

LiftMaster NEW 819LMB MyQ/Alarm.com integration question?
Is Alarm.com compatible with the new/revised 819LMB MyQ Home Bridge (819LMB)
[…Plus, this product is (now) compatible with Apple HomeKit…etc.]

Any alarm.com advisories/caveats/instructions (PDF?) on integration of this recently ~8/2017 revised unit vs. prior version?

The 819LMB is not officially compatible yet, and we have not tried the serial number of one. That said, as long as Liftmaster did not make any exclusivity agreements I would imagine they would be or become compatible, as it is just a new model of Gateway.

We’ll see if we can get some info from Alarm.com, but there is no documentation at this time.

Thanks for checking. Yet another Q:

Want to add a few 319.5MHz water sensors ASAP (for unattended situations) to the concord 4
The Ctrl4 circuit board is in a basement On-Q metal LV box. No antenna visible/apparent.
But the LTE cell module is upstairs well placed centrally.
I know it does basic Z-Wave too, does it “repeat” the 319.5?

Do I need an additional piece to utilize the 319.5 wireless sensor stuff?
Do not think any built-in interlogix/Concord 4 319.5 wireless will reach very far out of the basement…

Here is pic of the control 4 board in the On-Q box: Are the white “bent and stuffed away” soldered wires at top the 319.5MHz antenna ???

Ugh, antenna signal not getting out effectively that way… I will be moving the powerstrip but Not easily able to relocate the COntrol 4 circuit board…

Ideas ?

Are the white “bent and stuffed away” soldered wires at top the 319.5MHz antenna ???

Ugh, antenna signal not getting out effectively that way… I will be moving the powerstrip but Not easily able to relocate the COntrol 4 circuit board…

Yes, those would be it. The Concord 4 has two white wire antennae that are supposed to be pulled out through holes in the top of the metal casing.

There are actually rigid white plastic shafts which snap into the holes that the antenna wires run up into, but if the antennae were left inside the metal case these plastic housing pieces may not be present. I believe there are three individual pieces which snap together per antenna if memory serves.

But the LTE cell module is upstairs well placed centrally. I know it does basic Z-Wave too, does it “repeat” the 319.5?

No, the cell module does not have a 319.5 receiver.

Sensors would communicate with the main panel board. Typically there isn’t too much concern unless it is a particularly large location, but if a 319.5 sensor repeater is needed, something like the 524X would be what you would want.

Information on the antenna installation can be found starting pages 10-11 in the installation manual.

Good news, ADC communicator should be released back to ADC Wednesday by Builder, so I can takeover on Thursday with SuretyDIY!

Any ADC (general info, brief comment, PDF etc.) on level of integration with Lutron’s NEW “RA2 select” (R2S) lighting controls.
R2S is positioned between Caseta (50 device) & a full-on RadioRa_2 (RR2) system.

R2S programs via app only, uses “Caseta-Pro like” gateway combining the main repeater * SmartBridge Pro functionality. Notably, R2S does not have any contact input option for security alerts or other.

I want limited lighting control via ADC, (if responsive enough?) via it’s backend integration.
Exit scene with delays, entry scene & alert(s) scenes perhaps.

I could do a limited work-around via full RR2 or Concord 4’s X10 / ADC Z-Wave I suppose…

I’ve not heard any news about RA2 Select. No documentation exists at this time. I’ll reach out to some folks at Alarm.com and see if there is any information regarding its possible use.

Currently Caseta (with the Smart Bridge Pro) and Radio Ra2 and Homeworks QS are compatible.

Any additional ADC application notes or documentation on Lutron RA2 Select(R2S) integration available?

Luton’s Ra@ Select page is claiming it’s integrated now. Lutron Installer Tech Support said R2S is “integrated just like Caseta”, but obviously the fit into ADC ecosystem is best provided by ADC…

ADC has a “Lutron Caséta Wireless INSTALLATION GUIDE”. RA2 Select is built on a very very similar platform, seems like there should be some “ADC official” even if minimal info available now?

About to inve$t in Luton’s quality but costly pieces. Would be really nice to know ADC is on the same page as lutron, and has Dealer support including essential documentation for in-place for this integration.

THANKS

Currently the supported products from Lutron through Alarm.com are the following:

Caséta Wireless
RadioRA 2 with firmware 6.1.0 or above
Homeworks QS with firmware 5.1.0 or above

Ra2 Select is not listed as a compatible product, and no documentation exists because it is not supported yet.

Given the existing integration with other Lutron home systems, it is very likely this integration is upcoming, (ADC reps indicate the same, but do not have an ETA yet. Typically it would not be announced until after testing is complete and shortly before release) The Ra2 Select should not be expected to work yet.

I see the logo at the bottom of the Ra2 Select page, but that does not mean the integration is complete or enabled. (It may even be a copy/paste leftover from the other systems pages like Homeworks and Radio Ra2)

Lutron Installer Tech Support said R2S is “integrated just like Caseta”

It may be done in a similar fashion, but support for the new repeaters and database would be necessary.

THANKS !!!
Fortunately the standalone pieces are the same as RadioRA 2. We can just hold off on purchasing the main repeater if plan to be 100% safe. Agree it’s very very likely to be ADC supported (mentioned in Press Releases IIRC as well)…Just timing. Thanks for speaking to your ADC Rep on this to confirm.

Certainly. Yeah they typically do not make announcements ahead of time given the possibility of changes through testing and beta process. It could be available in a week, or it could be a couple months. I don’t want to set the wrong expectation. It’s pretty safe to assume it is coming though.

Yes, I believe that it uses the same Switches/Dimmers, just more limited on some other components.

That’s pretty much it on R2S. No programming via PC upload either only in app. Cannot use dry contacts-which I need. 100 device limit. No wired keypads. Not sold to end users direct or in big-box. If you’re busting 100 devices, that’s Estate Home stuff to me Crestron, Control 4, Homeworks QS etc…really not DIY for 99,9995% I’d guess…

Since I only miss dry contacts…
I can use the Concord 4 Panel…I think…planning a 2 septic dry contact alarms (lift station and air pump–it’s aerobic fancy shi… er…stuff) Hits the fan(and basement) if septic failure unknown.
Also probably add a general trouble contact for the future backup generator.

Got any general advice on using dry contracts for septic/lifts/gensets to the alarm panel & ADC etc…?

Philosophically automation through the security system seems vastly more reliable for critical items…MUCH more spouse-friendly (one app!).

Got any general advice on using dry contracts for septic/lifts/gensets to the alarm panel & ADC etc…?

Philosophically automation through the security system seems vastly more reliable for critical items…MUCH more spouse-friendly (one app!).

I do not have personal experience with this application, but yes in general literally any switching dry contact relay can be monitored by the alarm panel. Alarm.com provides a host of notification options for devices. It would just come down to programming to determine how the system reacts.

Would you want this to set off an audible alarm locally? Or would you like it to just be used for remote monitoring of status?

Actually I had not thought that far ahead. But thinking now, the remote notification is the most important. I’m assuming in ADC I can select email and/or app-banner phone notifications like with arming? Septic lift and sump important enough when I add monitored service I’d like a phone call too?

The septic has alert horns in the outdoor panel boxes. It would be better to have an alarm sound go off in the house. I wonder if there’s a sensor group in the C4 security system that would do this? Guess I need to RTFM. Neighbors might appreciate me swapping the horn(s) for a flasher(s) outside…. My dogs might not. :slight_smile:

I’m assuming in ADC I can select email and/or app-banner phone notifications like with arming? Septic lift and sump important enough when I add monitored service I’d like a phone call too?

Yes, you can select Email, SMS Text, or Push Notification contacts through Alarm.com for any notification.

Should you wish for it to be monitored via central station, you would want to choose an auxiliary 24 hr alarm sensor group.

Sensor Group 38 is the water auxiliary alarm sensor group used for flood sensors and would likely apply similarly here. The sensor would simply be labeled as a septic sensor. These sensors would cause a trouble alarm at the panel and report to the CS when activated.