NX Programming Assistance

I’m pretty much at the end of my rope trying to program this NX panel. Most recently, I’ve been trying to add a wireless module and a couple of wireless door sensors. I’m usually pretty competent at electronics stuff, but this is the most user unfriendly system I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, I’m thinking that I should just hire someone to make the programming changes that I need (a competent programmer could probably do what I need in less than an hour). Problem is that I suspect none of my local alarm companies will work on the system unless I’m signed up with them for monitoring, which I’d rather not do (although to be honest, I really haven’t called anyone yet). But assuming this is the case, any suggestions for how I can find a competent “free-lance” NX programmer?

I’m pretty much at the end of my rope trying to program this NX panel. Most recently, I’ve been trying to add a wireless module and a couple of wireless door sensors.

Perhaps we can assist? What models are you attempting to add and where are you getting stuck?

But assuming this is the case, any suggestions for how I can find a competent “free-lance” NX programmer?

You might try local, non-national companies. You may find one that just charges labor rates for such work if you want to go that route.

OK, I decided to stick with it a while longer, and I think I made some progress.

The wireless module is installed, and the wireless sensors (rollup door tilt sensors) are programmed under zone 25 and 26. They appear to be functional (although I haven’t fully tested them yet), but they don’t appear in the ADC screen. Do they need to be activated on the your/ADC end to appear?

The NX panel does require an equipment update through ADC, which we just ran for you, but the panel will report all intermediate zones if any are skipped in programming, do you have zones 13-26 used?

13-24 are my remaining unused hardwired zones. Although I think I could program the wireless devices to use these same zones, I decided to start the wireless zones at 25 to minimize the chances of conflict.

I updated the zone names and turned off activity monitoring in ADC for zones 13 - 24, and it’s looking pretty good on my end, so I think I’m there.

Thanks for your help!