Old PAX 2Gig GO Panel low battery alarms

Panel started giving low battery alarms at 0122 hrs last night with a chime every couple minutes. ALL of the points alarmed at the same time. (Garage door, front door, living room, etc). Isn’t it very unlikely that the batteries on ALL my sensors went bad all at exactly the same time? Could this mean the PANEL’S backup battery is bad? Worse still is that the touch screen does not respond anymore. So I can’t even acknowledge the alerts to silence them.

Could this mean the PANEL’S backup battery is bad? Worse still is that the touch screen does not respond anymore

Ac power should allow the 2GIG panel to function properly even if backup battery is removed. You would have a trouble for low battery on panel, but that is it. Have you checked your wall transformer for AC power?

If all your zones alarmed at same time, are you using a takeover module, or are all the zones programmed in on 2GIG panel?

If the takeover has low battery, this would cause all zones on that module to also report battery issues at same time.

I do not think Surety sells the 2GIG-BATT2X packs, you can buy a 2GIG battery pack here, or you can easily MacGyver it yourself, and create your own 7.2v, 2300/2500 mAh (Duracell have higher mAh), Ni-Mh rechargable battery pack (which is nearly identical to what the original batt pack is) simply using the existing wire & connector from the old battery pack, some electrical tape (to secure wires to batt terminals, and hold pack together), and (6) rechargable Ni-Mh AA Duracell/Energizer batteries available basically everywhere ($10 for 4 pack).

See: DIY your own 2GIG battery pack with 5x capacity - Support - Surety Support Forum

Panel started giving low battery alarms at 0122 hrs last night with a chime every couple minutes. ALL of the points alarmed at the same time. (Garage door, front door, living room, etc). Isn’t it very unlikely that the batteries on ALL my sensors went bad all at exactly the same time? Could this mean the PANEL’S backup battery is bad? Worse still is that the touch screen does not respond anymore. So I can’t even acknowledge the alerts to silence them.

If all sensors report low battery at once I would guess you are using a TAKE-345 and the brick 12VDC battery connected to the TAKE module would be low.

It is strange that the touchscreen would not be responsive at the same time. There wouldn’t be any normal correlation between those issues. Did you possibly have any bad storms the night this occurred?

To troubleshoot the touchscreen, I would suggest a power cycle if it is completely unresponsive. Unplug the 2GIG panel transformer, then the internal battery. Wait a couple minutes, then plug in battery followed by the transformer.

It doesn’t look like this is related to a suretyDIY subscription, so if you have a different provider currently, I would recommend contacting them regarding this issue as if it continues after a power cycle it may be indicative of equipment damage.