Qolsys Secondary Panels

What is the difference between QW9100-840-00 and QW9101-840-00? Also, can they use existing hardwired power connections? I had an older Honeywell system installed and there was a hardwired panel in the master bedroom and I was hoping to use the power from those connections instead of fishing a power supply in the wall. Thanks for the support.

What is the difference between QW9100-840-00 and QW9101-840-00

The latter is a replacement which has power application in the rear and dedicated wall-mount back-plate.

Also, can they use existing hardwired power connections? I had an older Honeywell system installed and there was a hardwired panel in the master bedroom and I was hoping to use the power from those connections instead of fishing a power supply in the wall.

While you can of course repurpose the wiring itself from a previous system, the device you are looking to power must receive appropriate voltage and current. You should always use the included power supply for all panels and secondary panels.

Additionally, the IQ2 runs on 5v, and voltage drop is a concern, so long power cable runs will cause trouble.