Rule to take video clip

I do not have a video camera yet so I cannot see the emRules that are possible around video. Is it possible to create a rule that says “when system disarmed by user code xxxx then take video clip and text it to yyy”?

Thanks

Yes. Recording schedules can be triggered by a specific code disarming the panel or a specific code unlocking a lock. Notification options are selected for each recording schedule.

Thanks. I watched your youtube video on setting up the recording schedule. What I am not clear about is the Notify User/Address book section. I see a Video Alert Format section on the bottom of the screen that appears to contain email address and Windows PC in the demo. Is this where you could setup an SMS address (phone number) and Mobile Device format type to allow a video clip be sent as an SMS message?

If so, would the SMS message contain the video clip or would you the SMS message just be text telling you to open the Alarm.com mobile app to view the video clip?

Users and address book addresses are set up under the Users page. The same page where you can input codes. Users can be created with contact addresses and/or user code access. You would select to add an SMS contact method under the applicable user.

Then, under any notification in the “Add Recipient” section at the bottom, you can start typing the name or select from your address book. Each contact method will be an option.

On recording schedules you can then select whether to send a text only notification or attach the clip to either email or SMS.