Swapping a GC3 for a GoControl

What is the procedure to replace an older GoControl with a new GC3 panel? There is no subsidiary panel, just doors, motions and smokes.

If your Go!Control is a GC2 there is a backup and restore process which can be attempted. However if your panel is an older model this is not possible.

You can tell the version by the front face-plate.

Does your panel have the word “Emergency” spelled out under the emergency button? If so it is an older version. If it has symbols instead, it is newer.

If your panel has the word Emergency spelled out on the front plate, you would need to just re-learn all devices manually.

If your panel is a GC2:

1. Request a backup of the current settings either through secure message or email to customerservice@suretyDIY.com. (Z-wave devices are not able to be backed up and must be manually programmed into new panel) Include the new Alarm.com cell sled number and indicate you are swapping panels.
  2. Our team will notify you when the backup is run.
  3. Install the GC3 Cell Sled but do not power it up yet.
  4. Let us know you are ready for the settings to be pushed.
  5. Our team will notify you and provide instructions to complete the process.

Note that Z-wave devices cannot be backed up in this way and must be added locally.

It is an older model. Re-learning the sensors is not a big deal. As most of the house is undergoing repairs from Harvey, I am just going to set it up in desktop fashion for now in the unaffected bedroom. Obviously the cell card transmitting will change. Can you please remind me how I notice the new cell sled ID to SuteryCam/ADC?

In order to request a module swap on your account, simply submit your request to our customer service team via our Secure Message Tool, for account verification purposes. Be sure to include the new panel’s cellular module number in the message as well.

As an alternate means of account verification, you can submit your request via email. Through this method, be sure to include your Verbal Administration Password, for account verification purposes.

Should you have multiple accounts, please include the service address of the account you wish to make the change to as well.

Please keep in mind that this process can only be initiated during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.